No announcement yet.

Tactical Gamer Membership Announcement!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Membership Announcement!

We're happy to announce that we have partnered with Paypal to deliver Tactical Gamer's new Membership billing system. Click here to sign up to TacticalGamer for July! For your convenience, this will auto-renew each month.

This system uses a free Paypal account. If you don't already have a Paypal account, please register here.

Thanks again for your support and continued membership at Tactical Gamer. The transition is going smoothly and I will have more good news next week, so stay tuned!

Click Here to re-subscribe to Tactical Gamer
    Click Here if you need to set up a PayPal account.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in this forum.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Tactical Gamer Membership Announcement!

renewed! :)

Comment

done....easy cheesy
      New to TG?

Comment

Thanks guys! You will see some new gaming servers rolling out this week with new IP addresses to replace the current ones!

Comment

Done and done. Now if only Half-Life loaded as quickly as Paypal's website. ;)
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Done. Is there only going to be one level of membership?
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              Done. Is there only going to be one level of membership?
              Only one level of membership right now. There will ultimately be two levels of membership.

Comment

done....... :)

ACU Web| | |

Comment

I guess being on paypal rather than my CC is better. But you know what they say:

In Soviet Russia, subscription renews YOU!

Yea, that might be getting a little old.

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
                    You have to resubscribe? Why did Total give me a PM saying I'm getting a refund..? Can I resubscribe instead? or is it too late?
                    Here's the deal as I understand it (someone correct me if I'm wrong): Over the months, you've been paying a company called Network 42 to provide you with services, including Tactical Gamer. That company wasn't profitable and has/is going out of business. For legal reasons, you can no longer pay Network 42 for TG services. The money you paid to N42 can't be transfered to TacticalGamer. You can let Network 42 keep your money, or you can take a refund. If you decide to then send your refund to TacticalGamer (using an entirely different payment system), that's great. If you decide to spend it on bubblegum, that's great too (just not as great).

Now, I'm not up on the business side of TG, but this is why I think TG is going to be more successful: Network42 invested in a lot of assets. They leased huge pipes that were much larger than they needed and purchased many servers that weren't practically used. The idea was to expand and provide lots of different services (leased game servers, clan hosting, etc...). They had their own NOC and were doing everything themselves, but they just didn't get enough clients for their services to make it profitable. I believe that Tactical Gamer, now that it's on its own, is going to be leasing the bandwidth and other networking assets from some other data center and all TG membership funds are going to be used strictly to support the TG community. Instead of being a company trying to turn a profit and grow, we're back to being a community that simply pays for our own existence.

Like I said, I never had anything to do with the business side of this community, and a lot of what I just said is speculation, so don't take this as gospel... Perhaps Apophis will explain everything once he's done getting TG settled into its new home...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Done..............

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        Here's the deal as I understand it (someone correct me if I'm wrong): Over the months, you've been paying a company called Network 42 to provide you with services, including Tactical Gamer. That company wasn't profitable and has/is going out of business. For legal reasons, you can no longer pay Network 42 for TG services. The money you paid to N42 can't be transfered to TacticalGamer. You can let Network 42 keep your money, or you can take a refund. If you decide to then send your refund to TacticalGamer (using an entirely different payment system), that's great. If you decide to spend it on bubblegum, that's great too (just not as great).

Now, I'm not up on the business side of TG, but this is why I think TG is going to be more successful: Network42 invested in a lot of assets. They leased huge pipes that were much larger than they needed and purchased many servers that weren't practically used. The idea was to expand and provide lots of different services (leased game servers, clan hosting, etc...). They had their own NOC and were doing everything themselves, but they just didn't get enough clients for their services to make it profitable. I believe that Tactical Gamer, now that it's on its own, is going to be leasing the bandwidth and other networking assets from some other data center and all TG membership funds are going to be used strictly to support the TG community. Instead of being a company trying to turn a profit and grow, we're back to being a community that simply pays for our own existence.

Like I said, I never had anything to do with the business side of this community, and a lot of what I just said is speculation, so don't take this as gospel... Perhaps Apophis will explain everything once he's done getting TG settled into its new home...
                        seems like a good specualtion though ;) Rumors arent good so its probably best left to x- N42 staff to make such statements, but the logic is good.

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Renewed at $8.95 for the month on PayPal .... :icon14:

When will the old $28.95 platinum level service be available? I found that very useful, including the web services.

Thanks
                          Regards,
                          |42nd| Badger

"My Strength is My Team"
                          "Duty, Honor, Courage"

Comment

Originally posted by Badger
                            Renewed at $8.95 for the month on PayPal .... :icon14:

When will the old $28.95 platinum level service be available? I found that very useful, including the web services.

Thanks
                            I'm hoping by the end of the week! Thanks for your support, Badger!

Comment

I think I done It right.... :icon_bigg
                              I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X