anything i can do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anything i can do?

So apart from not playing.. Is there anything I can do against all the hacking in BF2?

Re: anything i can do?

Follow our rules for reporting them?

It's not as though we have instructions on launching tactical nukes at their houses, man. If you spot someone breaking any of our rules -- including "Don't hack" -- report them and we'll deal with the situation as we always do: examine the evidence and administrate as necessary.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Well i havent noticed it as a big issue. That being the case how about you put together some links or descriptions of the most common "hacks" you see regularly and help educate me and others like me. Then all of us together can follow Pokerfaces advice and keep it off our servers to as great a degree as possible.

Comment

Sorry.. Not trying to start trouble, or imply anything about any server in particular. Just frustrated when I'm playing and I'm getting wasted by these guys so fast it will make your head spin. Usually a lot are jumping or rolling around and still getting me with one or two shots, while they're jumping or rolling. It seems to be instant too. I don't think I'm a horrible player but I could be wrong.

Is it because they have a higher rank? Does your player shoot better with higher rank? Just trying to understand how things are with this game.

Comment

It would help to know what game your are talking about, and perhaps post your questions in that game specific forum after reading that games SOPs. A similar topic about how some people can kill you so quickly came up in the bf2142 forum recently. My response to that thread is fitting here as well.

TGers are good squadmates. They stick together and have high situational awareness. When you encounter a TG person, rarely are they alone. More than likely you are being shot at by multiple people at once. The result is instant death. In one on one battles, headshots, good aim from practicing, solild hardware, mouse included, and getting the first shot in all help.

If you see someone bunnyhopping on our servers, please report them. For 2142, you can follow the guidelines laid out here.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I've been seeing it in BF2 mostly. Maybe that's just how quickly some of these games play. My issues are with the one on one battles generally. I am just amazed how quickly they are over even sometimes when they don't see me first. Very easy to be in a battle and be like WTF was that.

Maybe I just need to be patient and keep playing...

Comment

You have to understand that many of the people you run into playing BF2 have been playing the game for 2 full years. They are very familiar with the game and the weapons, and they are going to beat you in one-on-one battles almost every time if you are new to the game. They aren't hacking, they are just good. To beat them, you need to play smarter. Remember that BF2 is a team flag game, so figure out how you can help your team control flags even without beating your opponents in one-on-one battles.

Oh and most importantly...
              Play on the TacticalGamer servers. These are the number one servers when it comes to teamwork, and that means that you will enjoy yourself more even if you do die alot. ;)
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I remember when I first started playing on "Vanilla" servers (not Tactical Garmer servers) and it seemed amazing to me how well other players were able to jump-roll-shoot me when I felt I had the jump on them. Then I realized and took in account that many of these people knew the maps.. knew the weapons.. and had all the "unlocks".Then you can also throw in hardware, latency, and other related issues.. this all added up to me dying ALOT..
                Playing on TG servers has changed the way I play this game totally. I have truely only seen someone hacking/glitching on a TG server once and was a known issue in 2142 and that person was quickly reported and banned from the TG server.
                I truly think that someone who is hacking would even have a hard time on a TG server. We tend to work so well together that I think he wouldn't have a chance. It is hard even for a hacker to kill 5 guys spread out all at once. I think a hacker would get frustrated on a TG server and move on to another "free for all" server where he can rack up the points.

If you see this happening on one of our servers definetly follow the advice that see above and report it. We deal with those things quickly.

Good luck to ya..

Comment

Another thing to bear in mind with BF2 is that the game adds quite a bit of graphical Jazz to players movements. If you see someone drop to the ground and roll about bear in mind it is just the engine adding value. That guy is actually already aiming at your head from a rock stable platform while the engine is simulating all that candy.

As others have said though there are things you can do, and ill take a TG squad against a server of random public hackers any day. It wont take long until you are holding your own.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.. I will try the TG servers next time. It's easy to get pissed off but I need to keep with it and get better.

Comment

I'm glad you are concened. It shows you will probably fit in here at TG. As someone already said TGers are talented players who thrive on teamwork and coordination. When you come up over that rise and think your attacking an enemy's weak point it very well could be a coordinated ambush...that's just one example.

My love at the moment is Project Reality where death happens even faster than regular BF2 and often is untraceable.

Welcome to TG...step in and play on our servers...you'll never go back to pubbie land.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                        I'm glad you are concened. It shows you will probably fit in here at TG. As someone already said TGers are talented players who thrive on teamwork and coordination. When you come up over that rise and think your attacking an enemy's weak point it very well could be a coordinated ambush...that's just one example.

My love at the moment is Project Reality where death happens even faster than regular BF2 and often is untraceable.

Welcome to TG...step in and play on our servers...you'll never go back to pubbie land.
                        I would enjoy finding a good server to play on. Would I have to register or just search my server list? I would re-join here with a better name if I did.

Comment

I haven't really noticed any hacking in BF2 myself. Some players are just that good. I remember back in the BF1942/Desert Combat days, my brother and I were so good, we'd almost always be #1/#2 players in any given round. We knew the maps/vehicles/weapons/kits inside and out. We could entirely single-handedly win almost any round. It was very rare that our teams lost. Thus, I'd get accused of hacking all the time. Lol. As soon as I'd get an AH-6 Littlebird helicopter, I was the biggest pest on the map. I was like a mosquito they couldn't swat. Those were the days. I was really good at those games, but not a "hacker" in the least. It's like in one of my fav CS:S servers, some of these clan members are insanely good and pubbers are always calling them hackers. Now that's one game I will never be accused of being a hacker. I stink compared to many of our fellow TG'rs.

However if you do see some obvious hacking like a knife kill from a guy who's 2 miles away, make sure and report it.
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by ihatehackers View Post
                            I would enjoy finding a good server to play on. Would I have to register or just search my server list? I would re-join here with a better name if I did.
                            Yes, search the list for "tacticalgamer.com". But be aware that we don't have a server for regular "vanilla" BF2 anymore. We have one for the Point of Existence mod and one for the Project Reality mod. Both mods are free, and you can get them running by clicking one of the above links.

And yes, the new name would be a good idea. ;)
                            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Wait. We have instructions for launching tactical nukes?
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X