N00b video question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N00b video question

OK, I've looked and most of the info I've found is a little to technical for me.

I need to convert some home movie DVD's over to a format that I can stream to my XBox360 via media center when I want to. I already have them ISO'd because I copied them for family not long ago for a reunion.

Does anyone know how I can convert them to something that is streamable like MPEG-2 or 4 or whatever and preserve the chapters and (I dunno how to describe it) 'wholeness' of the video? Preferably something free - but I would consider buying something.

So far everything I have tried just chops the disks/files into bunches of 'chapter pieces' and makes individual files of them. If there is somthing that is straight forward and I don't have to recreate the disks chapter my chapter would be a BIG bonus.

Ideas? Anyone? Anyone?
    sigpic

Re: N00b video question

How do you intend to preserve chapters within a single file? To the best of my knowledge, none of the popular formats have any sort of "seek" functionality built in.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Re: N00b video question

'Eh.. see I dunno that. Just trying to preserve the work that was done and be able to stream it like a DVD in a library from the M$ Media Center.
      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X