The dangers of gold mining(farming) on the web

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dangers of gold mining(farming) on the web

I just learned that my brother bought gold off of a web site for guild wars. Personally I wouldn’t have but the fact remains is that he did. Many of you may not know but I am a huge security head. So for me this could be a huge concern. Mainly he used my mom’s credit card (instead of paypal) on a site that he was not sure of. My concerns are the possibility of ID theft. I was wondering if anyone has some helpful or useful information for me regarding this. I tried looking for the gold mining thread I saw before but I can’t seem to find it now. Was it deleted?
    |TG|Gabriel87
    Favorite quotes and sayings:

Teacher,” Tommy you got a fairy godmother.”
    Tommy,” No, but we got an uncle we keep a close eye on.”

*If anyone knows or has seen Markopilot please let him know that his gunner misses him and would like to talk to him agian. He knows me by Gabriel87.

Re: The dangers of gold mining(farming) on the web

this one?

Comment

It's definitely something to keep an eye on. As far as I know -- which isn't a lot -- a card number isn't huge, but it gives them name, address, and a credential. Watch the bills for anything unusual, like some dorky kid buying four bytes of memory on a computer somewhere. It's not like you don't give your credit card numbers away all the time -- anyone working a clerking job with a functining brain can know your sixteen digits and name in a snap if you hand them your card. (Indeed that's less common than it once was, but I handled countless cards at my last job.)

I'd say you're most at risk for not-your charges that will have you calling the CC company and having your number changed and card re-issued.

Comment

Confess to Mum and wait for a big grounding!
        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X