Gaming Name Origin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Name Origin

Im curious how many of you came up with your online alias / gaming name or whatever you want to call it. Im guessing some of you have a more interesting story behind the name. I got mine from my 8th grade science teacher. When I signed my name on a test it looked like Y a n u. Its pronounced Yeah-new. The name kind of stuck. So where does your name come from?
    |TG| Yanu - Bad handwriting since the 8th grade.

Re: Gaming Name Origin

I needed a name. I was eating Chinese food (with chopsticks of course!), so I went with it. The name stuck. Once people get to recognize an alias it's hard to change it.

Comment

from WingCommander 4, just switched A with a E, Vagabond sounds too much like a vaginal cream or something, i know it means to wander about but lol

Comment

http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/index.htm

That is where my name comes from. It is a mobile suit from Gundam 0083. One of the Gundam OVAs. It's an Earth Federation mobile suit that is for ace pilots.

I am not exactly sure why I choose the name. I think I was looking for something that was a Federation mobile suit and something that wasn't a Gundam since that is what everyone would go for as a name. Keep in mind at times I may change my name to some other mobile suit but I generally try to keep the word Custom in it so I am recognized.

I also use the name Kasrkinsquad. For those that don't know in the Warhammer 40,000 universe Kasrkins are the elite soldiers of the Cadian Shock Troops. In tabletop terms they take the place of Imperial Guard Stormtroopers. I first saw them in the Dawn of War Winter Assault expansion.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I needed a new handle and was inspired to go search the Jargon File for it. I'd originally read the Jargon File in large paperback form under the title "The Hacker's Dictionary" (1st Edition!). I found my name when I re-discovered one of my favorite stories from the book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scratch_monkey
          http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html...ch-monkey.html
          http://edp.org/monkey.htm
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by VegaBond View Post
            from WingCommander 4, just switched A with a E, Vagabond sounds too much like a vaginal cream or something, i know it means to wander about but lol
            Funny, when I see your name, I think of a spy who eats only vegetables!
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Hmm, well the first part of my name I made up. The last part comes from the Trojan lord Aeneas. Originally I was looking for latin names and came across Aeneas which in English is Agnus. So after I picked out Aeneas, I just made Acreo to go with it.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

This one, as I change names all the time: On a complete spur-of-the-moment thought, my right-hand-eMan and I decided we should prank servers with annoying admins by using the same name, model, and weapons, and see how many seconds it'd take to provoke a re-action. We decided to play as Gemini Man, the robot villian from Megaman 3, who splits into two at the beginning of the battle. Now, the key to this sort of prank is an awesome spray. After fifteen minutes of personal time with GIS, I found there was only one fan-artist for anything Megaman reated who had talent and used a medium other than crayon or HB pencil on lined schoolbook paper. Skipping ahead, I saved pretty much all of this guy's Megaman doodles, and one night I felt like making a new name and checking out this server I found that advertised it played seriously, so went through until I found one that looked neat as a spray and was a fun boss to battle, and prepared the spray. Later, I made a few animated gifs from the game for an avatar so I could join that server's forums, and that brings us up to date.

Comment

So, Magna Centipede came from your adventures in an online forum/community based RPG?
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well I have two, MAXx and Ablindeman. First, the storry of MAXx; when the PlayStation came out, Immediately Game shops across the world had Playstation Demo versions. One of the demo games was Madden. I was addicted to it, never in my life was I dedicated to something so intensly as Madden.

I gave my self a motto, Everything I do, I take it to the max. This sentence was the standard in which I lived on. Everything I do, I take it to the max. Me saying this was so uniform, that other people started to notice me as the "max" kid. Then one day, in school, somebody wrote up on the board, "the MAXx kid is here". with this extra "X" was my name born.
                    So whenever someone asks me, "why do your friends call you "MAXx"?
                    I simply respond, "because everything I do, I take i to the MAXx".

Ablindeman was born on halo for the PC VIA online play. Everytime you would kill somebody, you would see to your left of the screen that a person was killed by you.
                    " 'theMAn was killed by AgIRLsCOUT' ", just to name one. Then I came up with ablindeman. So everytime i killed somebody it showed " Person was killed by ABLINDEMAN".
                    AKA
                    USMCSierraJuan
                    Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

I started as Undeadsoldier77 which is actually still my Yahoo email account I use today. Back when I was playing the Dreamcast, I played a game called Unreal Tournament on it. I joined a Clan called the Dominions. Silly group when I look at it now. So in order to use their clan tags, (*D*) I had to shorten the "soldier77" part, to Un(*D*)eaD. So its pretty much stuck, to just UnDeaD77. Other alias I used for AOL were MoreThanBen, which I still use for select things, as my aim name. Before I started using Undeadsoldier in game, I also used Diablo on 4x4Evo for the Dreamcast as well.

Comment

I was thinking of starting a new thread with this origin of SmokingTarpan's name? but then this thread showed up. I saved a kitty by posting here! :D

P.s. I've already done the origin of my name somewhere before, but it's pretty self-explanatory. ;)
                        I heart TG.
                        xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

Mine was chosen by the TG Natural Selection community by popular vote.

Comment

got mine from an X girlfriend. not going into further detail on it lol

Comment

Mine is the first intitials of my wife and kids.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X