No announcement yet.

Save Internet Radio

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save Internet Radio

Hey guys, Xero here,

I came across some very disterbing news today and I am sure that some people reading this will realize that they are in the same position as myself, so read below and see if there is anything you can do to help.

Hi, it's Tim from Pandora,

I'm sorry to say that today Pandora, along with most Internet radio sites, is going off the air in observance of a Day Of Silence. We are doing this to bring to your attention a disastrous turn of events that threatens the existence of Pandora and all of internet radio. We need your help.

Ignoring all rationality and responding only to the lobbying of the RIAA, an arbitration committee in Washington DC has drastically increased the licensing fees Internet radio sites must pay to stream songs. Pandora's fees will triple, and are retroactive for eighteen months! Left unchanged by Congress, every day will be like today as internet radio sites start shutting down and the music dies.

A bill called the "Internet Radio Equality Act" has already been introduced in both the Senate (S. 1353) and House of Representatives (H.R. 2060) to fix the problem and save Internet radio--and Pandora--from obliteration.

I'd like to ask you to call your Congressional representatives today and ask them to become co-sponsors of the bill. It will only take a few minutes and you can find your Congresspersons and their phone numbers by entering your zip code here.

Your opinion matters to your representatives - so please take just a minute to call.

Visit to continue following the fight to Save Internet Radio.

As always, and now more than ever, thank you for your support.

Re: Save Internet Radio

"The man's too big, the man's too strong."
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

I heard about this, or if its the same thing, I use Digitally Imported to listen to sometimes. Even was a paying member.

They are also doing this,

From Live365:

Live365, along with the SaveNetRadio coalition and Internet radio stations throughout the U.S. and world, will be participating in Tuesday, June 26th's Day of Silence.

On June 26th, all 10,000 Live365 stations launched from our website, and Internet radio broadcasts nationwide, will go silent and be redirected to a Day of Silence stream that offers an explanation, broadcaster testimonials and a call to action.

The Day of Silence will bring much needed attention to the danger Internet radio is encountering. We recommend contacting your local media letting them know of the planned Day of Silence and its meaning. Visit SaveNetRadio's media search tool to find your local media.

We understand the possible disruptions this may cause, but feel drastic measures are necessary. By joining together with all other Internet radio stations Live365 will show them what they can look forward to if things don't change quickly ... Silence.

Members of the Press, We encourage you to contact us regarding the Day of Silence at (323) 874-0594, or [email protected]. (press release).

Webcasters, please visit your Broadcaster Choice page to learn more about the Day of Silence.
        Retired 6th DB

A friend of mine worked at for a few years, and it really is amazing how the RIAA has lobbied for massive restrictions and penalties on the Internet Radio business model, requiring fees, royalties, and audience metrics far in excess of what they require of radio. Instead of working to foster a start up medium and share in the potential profits, they have had a kind of auto-immune response to the whole thing.
          In game handle: Steel Scion

I don't get why the government has anything to do with setting the prices whihc recording companies charge for licenses to their music.
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed