Digital Camera Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Camera Update

I went and got the Nikon D80 with the 18-55mm, and a 2 gig 9 MB/Sec high speed lexar SD card this afternoon, {they were out of the 2 gig pro 133 MB/Sec cards} And a 52mm UV filter.
    I bought local from ritz camera's instead of going with B&H, As if something goes wrong I can just drop it off And not thave to worry about UPS or USPSing it to new york city.
    LOL I need a collage degree just to figure out the manual.
    Anyhow, I'll finish reading that and take some pictures tomorrow around town if it is not raining.

Thanks all of ya for your suggestions and help.

Edit: oppss, I forgot to check my spelling earlyer
    Last edited by sgt fetterman; 07-06-2007, 10:21 PM.
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: Digital Camera Update

Nice set up, now go take pictures:)
    Word

Comment

Originally posted by MajWood View Post
      Nice set up, now go take pictures:)

I plan to in the morning, The clock is set for 0500hrs. just got done reading about half of the manual. And trying some shots around my messy room.
      Need to pick up the quick refence card tomorrow also, would be better and easyer then carrying the manual around.
      {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Excellent choice. I have the D50, which nikon discontinued about a year ago. But I run an 18-55 mm lens with a variety of filters and extras. It's really quite simple to use once you get the basics down. Hope you have fun with it!

Comment

Originally posted by sgt fetterman View Post
          LOL I need a collage degree just to figure out the manual.
          Anyhow, I'll finish reading that and take some pictures tomorrow around town if it is not raining.

Thanks all of ya for your suggestions and help.

Edit: oppss, I forgot to check my spelling earlyer
          With your degree and your new camera, I'm sure you'll be making amazing collages in no time. Congrats!
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I really need a better camera, mine's from the 70's but it is my mom's, but its not even digital can soemone reccomend me a good camera, I don't know much about them for a price range of around 200$? thanks.

Comment

Well fellows. I have not had a chance for outdoor pictures, been raining on and off since I got the D80 sigh... maybe wed. it's suppose to be hot and sunny. Beach pics I hope :D
              Not of me tho hehe

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Beach pics from France! Or Australia! ;)
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

After i got the D80 i just charged the battery and set it on:

Auto
                  JPEG Fine

Go fill up that mem stick. The bundled software is not bad for a quick cleanup. I did a tone of pics of my cats and the cat-eyeball closeups are freaky with detail.

Sarcoma (who is still reading the manual)
                  Sarcoma.

Comment

I picked up CS2, here at the recycle center for $100. it is new sealed in box still, no problems with activation this evening online. Now I got to learn it also LOL.

I am using Aperture mode, jepg large/fine. I get 265 pcitures from a 2 gig SD.
                    Deb bought me a couple things put out by magic lantern. Their Nikon D80 DVD guide and D80 Book guide. I picked up today at the cam store, from blue crane their inbrief quick reference D80 pocket guide.
                    Never made it to the beach. Stayed at Deb's ermmm shooting pics :)
                    NO I WILL NOT SHARE! :D

They came out real good too :)

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X