X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killzone 2 !

Halo what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5f8BI4cH6w

get over to www.gametrailers.com to see it in HD!
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Re: Killzone 2 !

Mathematics.
    Xbox 360: $400.
    Halo 3: $60.

vs

PS3: $600.
    Killzone 2: $60.

I think I'll save myself 200 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      Mathematics.
      Xbox 360: $400.
      Halo 3: $60.

vs

PS3: $600.
      Killzone 2: $60.

I think I'll save myself 200 dollars.
      Not to nitpick but the PS3 just had a $100 price drop, so you would be saving yourself $100; you would be loosing $20 if you ever planned to use either as an HD movie player. You also get a console with a reportedly 1% failure rate versus one with over a 33% failure rate. I own an Xbox 360 and never plan on owning a PS3 so I'm not pointing it out because of my bias. :P

The biggest difference between the two now is the library.

Comment

Watched the trailer. Impressive looking stuff (was a fan of the original PS2 game).

Good to know my EOTech CCO will still be useful 100 years from now, tho. ;P

Comment

Good to know that they're showing a more realistic trailer. I was excited over the target video but knew that there was no way it'd look that good. The animations are impressive and the little hint at aiming around corners looks awesome. I hope they use the sixaxis for that. I can just move the controller around to aim around corners :)

Also Ferris you failed to take into account the fact that PS3 games are longer and about equal to about 3 average games ;) With Resistance already out, and Ratchet and Clank on it's way, the PS3 is looking better and better :D

Comment

I'll save myself $400 and wait until the XBox 360 is $50 and Halo 3 is $10.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mosatii View Post
              Not to nitpick but the PS3 just had a $100 price drop, so you would be saving yourself $100; you would be loosing $20 if you ever planned to use either as an HD movie player.
              Plans are in the works for MS to drop the price of the 360. People are finally realizing that the 360 is the longest running console without a price drop.

You also get a console with a reportedly 1% failure rate versus one with over a 33% failure rate.
              Granted, but MS has extended their warrant to 3 years: all expenses paid. The only loss you take is on gaming time (the repair process takes about 10-12 days).

Comment

The first Killzone was not even that great. Nothing to the caliber of Halo.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                  Plans are in the works for MS to drop the price of the 360. People are finally realizing that the 360 is the longest running console without a price drop.
                  I doubt we'll see one until after the 2007 holidays. MS is probably feeling secure with the current price gap between the PS3 and the 360 even after the drop, Halo 3 and other killer games are coming out in the near future and not many people care bout HD movie formats.

Those factors combined with the significant momentum already enjoyed by MS should hold them over for awhile yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                    Also Ferris you failed to take into account the fact that PS3 games are longer and about equal to about 3 average games ;) With Resistance already out, and Ratchet and Clank on it's way, the PS3 is looking better and better :D
                    Wait, what? Where the hell did this come from.

I'm pretty sure I know where this came from. The size of the Blue-Ray, amirite? The funny thing is, sure, with that much extra space (like 12* that of DVDs), you can sure fit a lot onto there. But the thing is, while you can use larger textures and whatnot, the entire game still has to be *BUILT*. There aren't magical robots that blast away day and night to pump out the animations, maps, coding, etc.

For the games to be 3 times longer than their Xbox equivalents (since i KNOW you aren't comparing PS3 Oblivion to Xbox Gears), that would require the dev teams to have 3 times as many workers. Or mainly mappers, though having that much more gameplay would certainly require that much more textures, enemies, abilities etc.

So in other words, No. Unless the price of these games will double, if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                      I'll save myself $400 and wait until the XBox 360 is $50 and Halo 3 is $10.
                      hahahahahahahahahahahaha! i doubt Halo3 will ever go down that cheap...unless its been through hell >.<
                      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I doubted Halo would ever get that cheap, but I'm guessing you won't have to pay more than $5 for it on eBay.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by o-|-E StixNStonz View Post
                          Wait, what? Where the hell did this come from.

I'm pretty sure I know where this came from. The size of the Blue-Ray, amirite? The funny thing is, sure, with that much extra space (like 12* that of DVDs), you can sure fit a lot onto there. But the thing is, while you can use larger textures and whatnot, the entire game still has to be *BUILT*. There aren't magical robots that blast away day and night to pump out the animations, maps, coding, etc.

For the games to be 3 times longer than their Xbox equivalents (since i KNOW you aren't comparing PS3 Oblivion to Xbox Gears), that would require the dev teams to have 3 times as many workers. Or mainly mappers, though having that much more gameplay would certainly require that much more textures, enemies, abilities etc.

So in other words, No. Unless the price of these games will double, if not more.

hey, man. :) Think about Video cards- these new 'DirectX 10' cards allow the new coding 'DirectX10' be put in use which saves space. This allows more stuff to be put down for the game. Now that there is a capability of shorter chains of codes, then more chains can be made in less time and take up less space...

All this means... new way of programming games allows 'more game for the same space in a similar ammount of time' which means for the PS3 and Xbox360 that the new disks have more room for huge games... which a ps2 dvd has 4gb (?) of data, but the PS3 blueray has [like] 25 gb of data... so go figure.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Believe it or not but developers actually spend a lot of time cutting things back, having to go back and piece together what's left on the cutting board and still tell the story. That takes a lot of time.

Also I didn't mean just in terms of actual game play length. The AI in Resistance is actual AI, They'll learn and evolve in combat. Something you won't see on the 360 as much. The Cell Processor plays a big part in this even more than the size of storage on a Blu-Ray disc. So no, I wasn't just referring to the Blu-Ray disc ;)

The myth that making games 3 times as long must require 3 times as much time is about 3 times as faulty as your average myth :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mosatii View Post
                              I doubt we'll see one until after the 2007 holidays. MS is probably feeling secure with the current price gap between the PS3 and the 360 even after the drop, Halo 3 and other killer games are coming out in the near future and not many people care bout HD movie formats.

Those factors combined with the significant momentum already enjoyed by MS should hold them over for awhile yet.
                              http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Zer...r--35141.phtml

It's only a rumor, but maybe I spoke too soon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X