Digg.com Request for my Sister

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digg.com Request for my Sister

I usually try to restrain myself from whoring for votes at social bookmarking sights, but today is different.

My sister is PhD candidate at the MIT/Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Joint Program in marine geophysics. One of her papers just got published in the journal Nature this week. Needless to say, I'm really proud of my sister (hey, maybe it'll rub off on me)! This is her second major publication on her PhD research.

A few science blogs have picked up on the study and I found it linked on digg (I didn't do it (: ):

Digg.com Link here
    WHOI Press Release here. (With more pictures)

If you'd like to show your support for a fellow TG'ers sister, please digg/read the article :D

Thanks!

RW
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Digg.com Request for my Sister

Dugg!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
      My sister is PhD candidate at the MIT/Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Joint Program in marine geophysics. One of her papers just got published in the journal Nature this week. Needless to say, I'm really proud of my sister (hey, maybe it'll rub off on me)! This is her second major publication on her PhD research.

A few science blogs have picked up on the study and I found it linked on digg (I didn't do it (: ):
      ike to show your support for a fellow TG'ers sister, please digg/read the article :D

Thanks!

RW
      That's awesome! An article in Nature is one of the holy grails of scientific publishing in any of the "natural sciences" and a sure fire way to fast-track an academic career.

I can digg it :row__577:

*Edit*..publishing an article in nature is equivalent to climbing mount everest for an academic......

Cheers
      Last edited by Brewski; 07-13-2007, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Is that your sister?
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post

Is that your sister?
          Yes, that's her :)

And thanks guys!
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Definitely digging that, if you know what I mean.

Just kidding. I actually did read the article.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Dugg!
              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Dugg!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Read it....didn't understand half of it...but good for your sister. That's quite an accomplishment!
                  |TG-Irr| shafter_r2n

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                    Yes, that's her :)
                    Lucky for her that she looks nothing like you! ;)
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                      Lucky for her that she looks nothing like you! ;)
                      No joke. :D

Thanks everyone for your support!

Comment

Dugg!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse