The Order of the Phoenix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Order of the Phoenix

I saw this on wednesday night and I have to say I was really impressed. I didn't really get into the previous movies, they were good but just not excited about them.

This one is my favorite by a long shot. The story seemed much more mature to me and very dramatic. All in all I'll buy it. End battle was wicked awesome!

- -

Re: The Order of the Phoenix

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
    I saw this on wednesday night and I have to say I was really impressed. I didn't really get into the previous movies, they were good but just not excited about them.

This one is my favorite by a long shot. The story seemed much more mature to me and very dramatic. All in all I'll buy it. End battle was wicked awesome!
    It was the best of the series so far, and the action sequences were just awesome.

I really have a tough time watching the Harry Potter movies. They don't explain important parts and they jump around too frequently leaving characters undeveloped and situations unclear. Lord of the Rings was long and extremely information dense, yet I don't get the same agitated feeling watching those movies as I do watching the Harry Potter movies.

I think the series is in need of a better director.

Comment

I think the series is in need of a better author. I've never seen anyone make a good movie out of a [censored] book; these movies are no exception.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I really think they put their heart out making the fourth one as good as it was, though the fifth being the best?

I need to see this.

You know, I never really read any of the books; I just followed the movies, not really caring that they take out some scenes from the book here and there. The books never really interested me. Thank god for the movie eh?

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
          I think the series is in need of a better author.
          What kind of drugs are you on? Have you ever seen a children's book so voraciously devoured by people of all ages?
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            What kind of drugs are you on? Have you ever seen a children's book so voraciously devoured by people of all ages?
            Personally, I prefer OxyContin. No, I've never seen a children's book so voraciously devoured by idiots of all ages; I have, however, seen people rejoice in horrible prose and bland plots. Harry Potter is a great example. I won't criticize the movie makers for capitalizing on the success--not doing so would be stupid. I'm criticizing the audience for having poor taste. It's like people who listen to Snow Patrol... what the hell are you THINKING?!
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Personally, I prefer OxyContin. No, I've never seen a children's book so voraciously devoured by idiots of all ages; I have, however, seen people rejoice in horrible prose and bland plots. Harry Potter is a great example. I won't criticize the movie makers for capitalizing on the success--not doing so would be stupid. I'm criticizing the audience for having poor taste. It's like people who listen to Snow Patrol... what the hell are you THINKING?!
              Everything you just said made no sense to me. :(

I mean, to say Harry Potter of all things has horrible prose, and especially to call the plot bland...please tell me you've at least read them, yes?

What is Snow Patrol?

-Zephyr
              You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
              We are not a single game.
              We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
              We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I, too, would like to know what Snow Patrol is...

And I'd also like to know what novels you find entertaining...
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

People don't read Harry Potter for the plot complexity. They read it because the presentation and style of magic is appealing to them. Its easy to read and understand; that combination has spurred it's popularity. I follow the series because when my brother was younger I read them to him (I'm awesome like that), and I kept it up. Sometimes simple things can be fun and it's not so badly written so as to make it unbearable. I'd consider myself well read and I'm aware of the books shortcomings, yet I'm not so pretentious that I can't look past that.

I'm on Oxycodone right now myself, I think I need a larger dosage or a stronger drug though.

Comment

I saw it with a friend at bout 6 pm tonight. I thought it was good, i dunno if it was just me but i thought some important scenes went by a bit to fast. Like when he was dreaming, it was hard to see what was all going on. But thats just me
                    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I thought it was a very good movie, one of the better Harry Potter movies.

Comment

Alright... I have read the books. I think the books are great, the movies are good. But by far the books are always better than ANY movie I have ever seen, EVEN Lord of the Rings books are better than the movies. No movie could ever do any book any justice. I have had people say the movies of Harry Potter are so much better than the books... those are the ones I have questioned and found out they never read them. The books have good plots and storylines... but then just think, this author was a genious to have an audience follow through with the age of the characters getting older in each book which caused such a wide variety of different aged people to ENJOY the books. The movies are liked because of the few action sequences that are taken from the books, which the books have probably twice the amount of action in them.

Either way, my entire family will be seeing this movie reguardless of what other people have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                          Either way, my entire family will be seeing this movie reguardless of what other people have to say.
                          Heh... My 7 year old is going to a babysitter so me, my wife and my in-laws can go see it at the IMAX theater next weekend!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                            I mean, to say Harry Potter of all things has horrible prose, and especially to call the plot bland...please tell me you've at least read them, yes?

What is Snow Patrol?
                            The prose was despicable in the first book, which I forced myself through. I couldn't get anyone to verify for me that the second one was any different, or any of the other ones, so I gave up on the series.

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                            I, too, would like to know what Snow Patrol is...

And I'd also like to know what novels you find entertaining...
                            Since two people have asked, it's a horrifically terribly band, probably the least interesting music I've heard in a long time and somehow popular among my university peers, who also read Harry Potter (for most of them, the only books they have ever read since middle school; the other ones they would just look up on SparkNotes).

I prefer Heinlein's books, specifically Starship Troopers and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, along with Asimov's fiction series (from Robots to Foundation, it's about fourteen books), Card's Ender's Game series, Robert Ludlum's action novels, a few John Grisham legal thrillers (after a while they blend together, so I stopped), and various classics recommended to me by old teachers.

Originally posted by Mosatii View Post
                            Its easy to read and understand;
                            Where's the challenge and the fun of reading? You might as well watch a movie...
                            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Where's the challenge and the fun of reading? You might as well watch a movie...
                              Agreed, but I only said that was the main reason the series is so popular, not why I chose to read it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X