No announcement yet.

... the way it's meant to be played...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... the way it's meant to be played...

Heh. For those of you who don't know, TG used to use this slogan. Of course, I imagine its originality finds its origin prior to TG. I just saw this logo on NVidia's site and chuckled.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: ... the way it's meant to be played...

That's funny! Y'know, depending on when nVidia trademarked or started using that slogan, TG might have cause to get them to stop using that slogan. OR, to settle out of court, free advertising on nVidia's website in exchange for not pursuing legal resolution.

I certainly don't remember nVidia using that slogan when we were using it here.

Comment

Of course, I imagine its originality finds its origin prior to TG.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wasn't that like some old NFL tagline? Or I could just be on drugs...

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          Of course, I imagine its originality finds its origin prior to TG.
          Well, nVidia debuted their "the way it's meant to be played" program the weekend of March 19, 2002, but I doubt that TG has any rights to this slogan. Besides, we pretty much adopted the slogan "Play it Right", remember?
          Attached Files
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I think Karma probably could provide a better answer, but if Nvidia started using it two years ago and TG has not challenged them on it....so sorry, no luck. Part of maintaining a trademark is defending it vigilantly.
            New to TG?

Comment

I don't think TG has a case. I kind of remember when we first started using this phrase and I'm sure nVidia was already using it. On other boards, I personally use:

Teamwork + Fun = www.tacticalgamer.com

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Intellectual property suits cost about $1.5M (on average) to take to trial. So unless someone wants to pony up I suspect nVidia will get away with this dastardly act. I will pass. ;)

Comment

We can sue a frog for bumping its ass when it hops. We can run out in front of a tank and shoot at it with a rifle. We can do lots of things. :)

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                    Intellectual property suits cost about $1.5M (on average) to take to trial. So unless someone wants to pony up I suspect nVidia will get away with this dastardly act. I will pass. ;)
                    Who said anything about taking it to trial? A banner ad on nVidia's website for a month would settle this dispute nicely! :icon32:
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

lmao @ you guys.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X