Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all IT/Admins; Intern in need of help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all IT/Admins; Intern in need of help.

I'm getting setup as an intern for a large corporation here in town for CIS (Computer Information Systems; Administration/IT) and need to write a syllabus for the 120 logged hours I will be working. What aspects of this field should i put in the syllabus, im so lost.

Im thinking so far:

Windows Server 2003; Network Infrastructure; Networking; Network Security; Customer Service; Computer Repair; Computer Organization and Architecture; and Communication Skills; Including any Other Employment Functions of Regular and/or Emergency Computer Related Labor.

What else should I included? Its all up to me it seem's since im the pioneer for this particular type of internship at my community college.
    Oyee

Re: Calling all IT/Admins; Intern in need of help.

As well as the obvious technical skills needed. I would say that you've hit the nail on the head with the Customer Service and Communications portions. You need to be able to handle angry/frustrated users. You need to be able to deal efficiently with "problem" users (you know, the ones who continually tinker).

In addition, being able to communicate proposals effectively, which is often required to get equipment/resources to do your job properly is vital. You need good powerpoint skills for this and the abiliity to sell.

Technically, I'm a UNIX guy, so not much comment there.
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Re: Calling all IT/Admins; Intern in need of help.

Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
      As well as the obvious technical skills needed. I would say that you've hit the nail on the head with the Customer Service and Communications portions. You need to be able to handle angry/frustrated users. You need to be able to deal efficiently with "problem" users (you know, the ones who continually tinker).

In addition, being able to communicate proposals effectively, which is often required to get equipment/resources to do your job properly is vital. You need good powerpoint skills for this and the abiliity to sell.

Technically, I'm a UNIX guy, so not much comment there.
      I'll add the powerpoint in, right now im taking two classes that involve it alot, business and a summer class that involves Office 2007 (Including PPT).

And i know what you mean when you've got to be able to handle angrey/fustrated users, i work retail atm.

Edit:
      So for i've wrote this-

Description:
      An Internship provides the student with the opportunity to gain practical work experience by working for a local employer or organization.

Goals:
      My overall objective during internship with Laron Inc I’d like to adhere to basic concepts of on-the-job training that involves but is not limited to the following;

Windows Server 2003
      Network Infrastructure
      Networking
      Network Security
      Software Applications
      Customer Service
      Computer Repair
      Computer Organization and Architecture
      Communication Skills
      Any other Employment Functions of Regular and/or Emergency Computer Related Labor.

These different aspects of training will allow me to work in an environment where current skills can be utilized and further devolved with the possibility of advancement after training.

Outcome:
      A rounded individual that has gained enough experience in Computer Systems to apply it in future applications.
      Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X