• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch what you shoot at !

http://shock.military.com/Shock/vide...&ESRC=dod-b.nl

This guy is one lucky SOB.....
    Rapture

Re: Watch what you shoot at !

Did the bullet hit the ground or something and bounce back and hit him?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

he was shooting down range, but he was using a hardened round which made it bounce back versus flattening out. It then bounced off the ground right in front of him and hit his headset.... (or so it appears)
      Rapture

Comment

I believe, from what I hear them saying, is that they were shooting at some sort of iron object which is what it ricocheted off of, and then hit the ground on the way back. Which is where it bounced up and across the side of his head.

The sound is absolutely amazing by the way.
        Focused

Comment

They really need to utilize the zip and crack of bullets flying close by in more games. It would add to the immersion so much.

Comment

If you want to talk immersion, more games need to have bullet casings, longer-life decals, and discarded magazines lying around too. A simple undetailed magazine and bullet case persistent for a few minutes or so would have negligable performance impact - I played around with modding a few games a long time ago when I was on a Radeon 9800, and one of them was Tribes. I accidently made it so bullet shells from the chaingun persisted for a few minutes and the only time it had a problem was after a few hundred rounds were fired in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
              I played around with modding a few games a long time ago when I was on a Radeon 9800, and one of them was Tribes.
              Wow, another Tribes person! Did you see the recent news that VUG is shutting down the Tribes master server in August?

I was once at an indoor range where someone was firing a .44 with hot loads and I was getting pelted with tiny fragments of lead back at the firing line. Sure reminds one of the importance of eye protection!

I've also heard horror stories about sewing machines and needles breaking and impaling the sewer's eye, so it's not just gun users who need eye protection. (Needle breakage is quite common in machine embroidery with high-end home sewing machines, when you try to punch through dense embroidery and fail.)
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I used an indoor range that had a bowling pin knock-down rig and every now and then a round would bounce back. It was kinda fun trying to make it happen. The return velocity was quite low, but fresh fired rounds are hot to the touch. Scarry Stuff with a rifle round.

Sarcoma
                Sarcoma.

Comment

*redneck voice* wee're not doin that anymore" "nope no more Iron!" :p
                  but yea lucky dude

[unit][support]
                  The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
                  I am proud to serve my Country!
                  United States Army
                  I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
                  I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
                  "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Comment

Well yeah, lucky that it hit his headset, not so lucky that it ricocheted right back at him...
                    |TG| Lorian
                    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...