Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Way Back Era of TG?

Perhaps one of the older members could answer the following question(s):

Does the current Network 42: http://www.network42.com/ have any relation to TG?

And, what was the domain name and extension for the Network42 of TG's past?

Some of you are probably wondering why I am still awake at 2:30 in the morning looking back at TG. Well to tell you the truth, I finished some homework just an hour before and have been surfing through the WayBack Machines's internet archives on various sites (some of which I have made) and I became avidly and suddenly aware of that Interview of Apophis from a month or so back so I decided to take a look for myself so I have some pictures to go with the words.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: The Way Back Era of TG?

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
    And, what was the domain name and extension for the Network42 of TG's past?
    www.xlii.com

Still active.

Comment

Yup.. It was www.xlii.com.

What Cain said.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Err, but xlii.com points back to TG's homepage.

I was hoping to see what some of the older TG sites looked like.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Err, but xlii.com points back to TG's homepage.

I was hoping to see what some of the older TG sites looked like.
          That's what the Wayback Machine is for! If it's looking like our current page, then you're not going far enough back!

The first time I actually registered for the forums, the TG looked like this: http://web.archive.org/web/200107220.../www.xlii.com/

Before that, my only contact (other than on the game server) with TG was on USENET in the alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (I think I got that right) group. Good times.

For entertainment purposes; here's a link to the trailer for the up and coming Duke Nuke'em Forever game that 3D Realms is working on. I was a big fan of Duke Nuke'em 3D a few years ago, and I'm excited for the new release to come out. The video is a little big (around 45mb), but pretty funny. Especially if you're a fan of Duke. Make sure you watch it all the way to the end!

Shake it baby...

-= Vicious =- Apophis
          <snicker>
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

This was the look when I joined up. I thought there was more time between me joining and the rebranding, but maybe not...
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              That's what the Wayback Machine is for! If it's looking like our current page, then you're not going far enough back!

The first time I actually registered for the forums, the TG looked like this: http://web.archive.org/web/200107220.../www.xlii.com/

Before that, my only contact (other than on the game server) with TG was on USENET in the alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (I think I got that right) group. Good times.

<snicker>
              Doh! Guess I wasn't paying attention. ;)

Wow, TG now seems ancient. Really ancient.

Is this the very first version of the Xlii site: http://web.archive.org/web/199706012.../www.xlii.com/ ?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Doh! Guess I wasn't paying attention. ;)

Wow, TG now seems ancient. Really ancient.

Is this the very first version of the Xlii site: http://web.archive.org/web/199706012.../www.xlii.com/ ?
                That's pretty close to it!

Comment

So that would mean we are over a decade (10 years) old!

:row__577:
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                    This was the look when I joined up. I thought there was more time between me joining and the rebranding, but maybe not...
                    Oh, man, that was the era when we had the big crosshairs that centered on your cursor. Very cool at first, but the novelty quickly wore off and they became highly annoying.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

All I remember is getting repeatedly pwned in Ghost Recon, I was actually a pretty good player... just clanless (playing against TG usually). Was ABOUT to join "The Platoon" (anyone remember those guys??), but once this new site came up and Joint Ops came out I then joined TG.
                      Technically, most of us 2003 Join date people have been around longer obviously... since the new subscription service was put into place then, etc. Hell, I had to sign up a few times because of bugs with the site.. hehe

Man, this guild really took off eh? Not many out there like it... nope

Comment

Did TG ever get into Planetside? Wish I had joined up back then, would've made the game way more awesome.

I spent the time trying to get into Sturmgrenadier instead and they kept rejecting me for stupid reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
                          Did TG ever get into Planetside? Wish I had joined up back then, would've made the game way more awesome.
                          I was just wondering the same thing.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I don't remember anybody here ever playing Planetside. I believe TG's gaming heritage started with Counter-Strike.

CS
                            GR (the only one in my eyes)
                            Natural Selection (I think this was around in the GR days, maybe before, but I never had Half-Life)
                            Raven Shield and Joint Ops (briefly)
                            OFP was scattered around this point too (mostly CTI events)
                            Then BF2 came into the mix and changed everything into what it is today.

My most memorable moments from each game here:
                            GR - 6 hour gaming sessions, playing the XLII mod for the first time, playing TG 2.0 for the first time, playing Domination using TS 1.5, hearing RYN's voice (he had a raspy smoker's voice) clearly on TS 2 for the first time
                            Raven Shield - Realizing smoke grenades were the cheap way to finish missions, then trying to finish missions without them
                            Joint Ops - When TG first got a demo server up and we all started a huge game
                            OFP - When Wolfie flipped a tank because he was driving too fast down a hill during a CTI event.
                            BF2 - Realizing built-in game voip was awesome

- It's who you game with.

Comment

We did do Planetside for a while, but it never got that strong of a following here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X