He has done it, Fuel from Salt Water!!

Salt Water For Fuel
    I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
    It makes small numbers formidable
    procures success to the weak
    and esteem to all.

Re: Just Remarkable !! Must See

I can do the same thing with a battery and a glass of water. Not a breakthrough at all as far as I can see. As a matter of fact I did this for an eighth grade science project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

"I got up immediately and thought he'd lost it"

That's good to know, because that's how I feel about a whole television station that would bother broadcasting this garbage. In 50 years I bet we'll be cooking things with these amazing radio waves he's discovered!
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

All this excitement... what a bunch of misdirection. I wonder how much energy is used to power the radio wave generator. I HIGHLY doubt you get more energy from the salt water then is required to produce the radio waves.
        USAR

Comment

I work in electronics and had a run in with this type of "science" a couple of years ago. This guy convince our CEO that he had a breakthrough in free energy so our CEO let him use our facilities for testing. They told me to help him with whatever he needed.

This guy comes into my office one morning sating that it worked and he could prove it. He took me outside and showed me his setup which consisted of a huge copper plate attached to an oscilloscope. There was a noisy looking sine wave on the o-scope. He was pointing to it proudly. Directly behind him was Sharps Ridge which is where all of the broadcast antennas for the knoxville area sit. I told him congratulations on inventing the antenna. If I had a diode and a small earphone we could have listened to music. His funding was cut off a few days later.
          Retired 6th DB

Comment

More outstanding discoveries here.

This one is my fave...

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

It's the neverending search for the perpetual motion machine. Thousands of years of scientific study have never yielded one single process that isnt equal on both sides.

What really is interesting is the fact that Columbia University is taking the US Dept of Energy to court for apparently mishandling their application dealing with a new hydrogen engine that costs about as much to manufacture as a standard gasoline/diesel car engine. The kicker is that hydrogen is insanely cheap (hey, you can produce hydrogen through electrolysis like mr. saltwater here is so happy about!), environmentally friendly, and far far more efficient according to the lab tests. So basically, the oil companies stand to lose their shorts on this thing if it gets approved and so its in their best interest if the USDOE doesnt do it, which is what the University believes is going on. Something like that has actual promise. Plus, it would actually work.

Also, heres some things to think about with the amazing "saltwater fuel" engine:
              -The hydrogen and oxygen electrolyze to produce fire. The salt is left over. How do you get that out of your engine?
              -The radio wave generator they were using was fairly small, but it was also only producing a very small amount of reaction. I can melt a penny with a torch lighter, but I cant melt a stack of them. How big would it have to be to produce enough combusive reaction to power a standard automotive engine at say, 5000 RPM? My guess would be fairly large.
              -The radio waves would also cause electronic interference with lots of nice things we like to use in our cars, like the radio, and radar detectors, and cell phones, etc. Would you be willing to do without those things for the promise of cheap fuel?
              -He showed that the radio waves were harmless when he put his hand in the field. However, it doesnt take much to know that there are frequencies which are harmful, and it wouldnt take much to rig a radio generator to produce those bands. Think about the implications there. Sure, we can make car bombs now, but imagine someone jacking your car up to the point where it gives you cancer. Not fun.

I could go on all night, but eh, im bored with it already. Too many problems in application.

Comment

so many "scientists" here.. at least he is trying..
                I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                It makes small numbers formidable
                procures success to the weak
                and esteem to all.

Comment

Originally posted by I.R. Hogan View Post
                  so many "scientists" here.. at least he is trying..
                  I have no problem with the guy and his invention efforts. He is one of very many who go down the same road, and some of them come up with truly groundbreaking stuff.

What bothers me, and I would imagine everyone else here, is that the media picks this up and makes it sound like something that it most definitely is not. That really takes away from the efforts of real researchers and does a disservice to science in general. Joe Public is likely appalled by the thought that millions of dollars a year is spent on cancer research when all you need to cure cancer is some pie plates.

I mean come on, using radiation to treat cancer is something new? How come nobody thought of that before?

If they want a feel-good story about cancer or energy research, why don't they go to an actual research facility and talk to one of the super dedicated guys who has reached retirement age but still spends 60+ hours a week working in a lab because he loves his work. They can talk about the many breakthrough's this guy has made in the last 50 years, and use pretty graphics and cheering lab geeks to explain it all.
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

i give him props for trying but i agree with allot of people that it is a good idea that wont come in to effect till there is no oil left i know that it sounds like a conspiracy theory but do u have any idea how much it would cost to retro fit every car and every gas station in the world to fit this so called solution. i mean they have already designed a hydrogen engine that uses regular water but where is it? it is in some ones pocket cause although it is a remarkable idea and invention it is to expensive to retro fit it into production.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

That is a funny videoclip. As far as I know, you can make pretty much any matter burn if you put enough energy into it. These inventions always have to include some invisible ray, they often have magnets, radio or some other wave that makes it seem like energy comes out of nowhere.

This invention seems like a much better bet. It is just an improvement of existing technology.
                      http://www.technologyreview.com/Biztech/18086/page1/

The claims the company made about its effectiveness are wild, yet (I don't know if it is in this link) I did read that the test results were reproduced independently, and production lines are already performing well. a car using these capacitors should be out in 2008 if all goes well.

If you are interested in this sort of thing, I would definitely recommend you read about this tech, I found it very interesting.

Comment

"The hydrogen and oxygen electrolyze to produce fire. The salt is left over. How do you get that out of your engine?"

Couldn't you just add more water?

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                          In 50 years I bet we'll be cooking things with these amazing radio waves he's discovered!
                          rofl!!! :D Yea right....
                          Dizlor

Comment

You could, but then you'd require some kind of device in the tank to mix the salt and water because it wouldnt just automatically happen. Plus, eventually, the various impurities in the non-salt water that you'd be adding would combine with the salt and prevent it from dissolving in the water and it would have to be removed. Not to mention that salt is a corrosive, so you'd have to have a non-metallic gas tank and engine.

And Icky's right. I have no problem with the guys efforts. But the fact that the news picks it up and makes a big deal over it isnt kosher in my book.

Comment

I was going to type something funny here, but I see that everyone else has already covered all the bases.
                              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X