• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed: C++ Coder

For our mod at http://tornsoft.com/inumod/default.asp
    We are stuck, and need a coder. Email me if interested. [email protected]

Re: Needed: C++ Coder

sounds, sprites, pics, open screen ect. Now we need a coder to finish and put all of this up. :) Anyone can request this, even if you only know a little of C++ and are willing to learn more about it.

Comment

What kind of coding is involved with this? Is the coder required to know a lot about physics and algebra? I have some experience with C++ but I've never coded anything 3D.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

If you're willing, We would love to add you Sarc! I'll ask him what the code is. It is (for now) for the HL engine (the 1st one). We do hope to go to the HL2 engine, which would be SWEET considering we can actually get the graphics we want and make it look EXACTLY like the show :) Maybe even play through the 1st and 2nd movies

Comment

Well, I'm not up to this challenge yet, I don't think. I've been working with C++ off and on for a few years now, and C a couple years longer, but I'm very inexperienced, although I'm pretty comfortable with the syntax. I am very interested in contributing however possible, though more than anything I'd like to use this as a learning experience. Perhaps, if you have one coder, I could be an assistant, so that I can contribute wherever possible, but primarily learn such that I may be up to the challenge next time. Or, if you have another semi-experienced programmer we could work on it equally (I'm just not up to the task alone.). Otherwise, if you could at least point me in the right direction. (I've no experience whatsoever with anything like this; I've only worked in basic Win32, and with microcontrollers.)

I'm really interested in learning to do this, I just haven't been in the right place at the right time. I hope I can work with you guys, for both our benefits.

Thank you for posting this. BTW, though I am very interested, I am going out and won't be able to respond until next week; so even if I don't respond immediately, I'm still interested.

Comment

I see. I will talk with fyrye about it and see what we can do! :)

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
              What kind of coding is involved with this? Is the coder required to know a lot about physics and algebra? I have some experience with C++ but I've never coded anything 3D.
              We def need algebra :)

you would definatly need to know how to carry variables through several functions and be able to work with complex mathmatics

Comment

You would need to look at the hlsdk and figure out what functionality is given to you and what you need to add...

http://www.valvesoftware.com/hlsdk.htm

It's a big download but there should be a ton of documentation included. I'm going to take a stab in the dark nd say that if this is a gound up mod with no source code to build on, it's going to be quite complex.

Comment

We are building it from scratch, from the hl engine :)

Comment

I don't think I can help much. I haven't done any algebra since high school. I did get an A but it took a lot of studying, which I've forgotten by now.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X