Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to try Lord of the Rings Online for free?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to try Lord of the Rings Online for free?

As a current subscriber to the MMO Lord of the Rings Online: Shadow of Angmar I've been given the opportunity to refer friends to the game through Turbines refer a friend campaign.

If I refer you, you get the try LotRO free for 10 consecutive days (free download) and if you like the game and buy it, I get a free 30 day game card.

But wait, there's more ;) Since I'm a "Founding Member" (I pre-ordered) I got to take advantage of "Founding Member" pricing on the game subscription. If you sign up through my referral, you can take advantage of the reduced subscription fees too. You can also opt for the $199 lifetime membership as well. This offer is only available to the first ten folks I refer.

If you're interested in trying out this great MMO, send me a PM with your email and I'll refer you. I'll also give you my in game information so we can hang out in Bree at The Prancing Pony and drink ale and sing songs.

I'll be fun. Consider it :)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Want to try Lord of the Rings Online for free?

I can attest to the game, it's awesome. You'll actually enjoy playing the game rather than grinding away. It's heavily quest based, great graphics and teamwork/tactics galore.

Ofcourse if you're already in rehab from another MMO or a current addict, this might be tough. :P

- -

Comment

I'll take a whack at it, Rince.

PM me or something?

Lol.

-Mom
      Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

I wouldn't mind trying, but the likelyhood of me actually purchasing the game is slim...

Comment

Depending on how Age of Conan turns out, might have to give this game another shot. Getting the discounted subscription makes this pretty tempting though :)

Question though, if I were to buy the game, to get the founders discount, am I forced to buy it directly from Turbine over the website, or can I buy a box copy?

Comment

Originally posted by Satertek View Post
            Depending on how Age of Conan turns out, might have to give this game another shot. Getting the discounted subscription makes this pretty tempting though :)

Question though, if I were to buy the game, to get the founders discount, am I forced to buy it directly from Turbine over the website, or can I buy a box copy?
            Once you get the email invite from Turbine, you get to download the full game (minus 'super hi-res textures'--you can get those off the game DVD if you buy it). After your 10 day trial, you have go to the store and buy a box copy (if you liked the game) and register the serial number online at http://myaccount.turbine.com . It will recognize that you bought the game after being invited to play by me and offer you the discounted subscription options ($9.99/mo or one time payment of $199.00 as opposed to 14.99 & 299 respectively).

Once again, if you're interested, just send me a PM with the email address you'd like me to have Turbine send the invite to. Right now I've got my brother in game playing (a WoW head) and he is really enjoying himself.
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I tried it when it first came out was was still burnt out on MMOs, I might take another wack at it. Do we have a TG related guild set up?

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                Do we have a TG related guild set up?
                Yup its called of all things...Tacticalgamer...

I play as well but not much the last few weeks. I joined the "Covenant of the Phoenix" as the have a similar gaming comunity as TG its just devoted to MMOs.

I play Sarcoma and Prachet so look me up if im on.

Sarcoma
                Sarcoma.

Comment

I have more incentive for those thinking about playing but not sure:

Originally posted by Patience, the LotR: O Community Manager

New Players in August Get an Extra 30 Days Free!*
                  Hi everyone!

We wanted to let you know about a special offer that runs during August to welcome new players to LOTRO. Anyone who registers their game in August is eligible for an additional 30 days free on top of the 30 days free that comes in the box, for a total of 60 days of free play!

When you refer your friends and family, you should be sure to let them know to register their games during the month of August so they can get the extra 30 days.

Thanks for all the new faces you're bringing into the LOTRO community through the Referral Program. Thanks to you, LOTRO continues to grow and thrive as one of the top-rated MMOs ever released!

For more information about the special offer, please visit http://www.lotro.com/buynow!

Comment

When did LOTRO go live? E.g., how long as this MMO been running?

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

LotRO went live at the end of May. A major update has already been released (expanding the game world 20%) and another major update is expected later this month. The game has had outside Beta testers playing since last year.

This game is very stable, and very pretty. My 4 year old computer runs it with out too much trouble, and it still looks great.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X