Newspaper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper

I have a newspaper published the day or the day after Pearl Harbor was bombed from somewhere down there near the Harbor. The paper has vivid black and white pictures on the back of the bombings and the damage. The pictures look to be taken right after the attack.

I haven't messed with it much, so that's why my details aren't exact. I can take pictures and get details as needed, but I'd rather not open it more than is necessary.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any kind of appraisal on it. I'm considering just slapping it on e-bay for a large sum of money, but I don't want to sell it too cheap.

Any information would be appreciated.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Newspaper

Originally posted by Yer Mom View Post
    Any information would be appreciated.
    I think that the first thing you should do is get it packaged for archiving. It needs to be kept in acid and lignan free packaging. I'm sure you can spend some money buying packaging that will allow viewing without touching the newspaper, but I'm also sure it would be cheaper to just get an envelope for storage when you're not viewing it if cost is an issue. Instead of looking for a specialty shop, consider looking for your local scrapbook shop. They actually specialize in archiving things!

If you do decide to ebay it, being able to say that it comes in archival quality packaging should be a nice selling point.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've considered that. I'm actually looking for a price range before I even touch it, tbh. It's in an old year book of my mom's. I'm trying my best to not even touch it as much as possible until I get a price range. If it's not worth the sale at this age, then I will pass it on to my children.

I've ebay'd newspapers and seen dates of 1800 selling for like 30 bucks, but I haven't seen anything as dramatic as this paper. The images printed on it themselves would make the paper more valuable, I think. But, I'm no appraiser.

-Mom
      Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Laminate it, post it on ur wall, and charge 50 bucks for every person to come look at it for 15 minutes =) i bet u'd get tons of people =D
        "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X