Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's officially a POS

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/soldner-sec.../528506p1.html

Well I've looked for some decent reviews but I didn't find one. I'm talking about Soldner: Secret Wars. It seems to look and play as badly as the demo did. I'm actually quite annoyed that they'd release such a POS - we don't need shoddy games developers. Thank god for demo's eh lol ;)
    Jex.

Re: It's officially a POS

It's really dissappointing. I followed this game from the early stages of development. I really had high hopes that it would turn out to be a great tactical shooter. I kinda looked at it like the next generation of Operation Flashpoint.

Oh well, thank God for JO. :)
    “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

LOL

They even mentioned that annoying "Soldner" sound clip that plays every five seconds.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'm holding out for the mother of all disappointments. GR2.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
          I'm holding out for the mother of all disappointments. GR2.
          LOL

We don't even have to play the beta demo (ala Soldner) to know not to get our hopes up.

Comment

they put the demo on the shelves as a retail product.. freaking unsat

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bear
              It's really dissappointing. I followed this game from the early stages of development. I really had high hopes that it would turn out to be a great tactical shooter. I kinda looked at it like the next generation of Operation Flashpoint.

Oh well, thank God for JO. :)
              Yeah I had high hopes too. There I was praising it before it came out and now look at it. I'd rather tread in doggy-doo.
              Jex.

Comment

Soeldner demo stunk--why they would ever put such a shoddy version out, is beyond me. Those of you that play JO--talk about night and day demo releases when you compare Soeldner to JO. The Soledner developers shot themselves in the foot with their substandard demo release, and never recovered.

Comment

I read a bit on their forums during the beta demo "tryout" (never actually tried it since it didn't work). The game was in development for a long time (~2 years). I see JoWood as a small developer that hasn't put out a lot of A-quality games. The best I've probably seen from them lately is Silent Storm. They've previously done niche puzzle/simulation games like Traffic Giant (nice little game but never popular). So, they flunked in their first game in the FPS genre. I think it was a combination of inexperience (I flinch at their user interface design, both menus and in-game) and money. They wanted to shove an unrefined product out the door to start making money off a long development schedule thinking it would be good enough.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X