Fort Worth, Texas :D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Worth, Texas :D

Hello fellow metroplex area TG'rs. I started a job here in Ft. Worth this past Monday and remembered that a few of ya'll live up in this part of Texas. I move into my new apartment downtown on this upcoming Monday, so yeah, I'm really excited. I just wanted to know who all lives up here, and maybe some suggestions as to some good places to hang out. So far, I love this place!
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: Fort Worth, Texas :D

I would suggest some places to hang out, but my wife and I tend to go to cultural events. The DFW Zoo and Dallas Aquarium are pretty nice and Gamestop's national headquarters is about 15 minutes north of DFW Airport ^.^

Comment

Nice! I live right up the road here in Samson Park right off HWY 199. I drive through downtown in the morning to get to Haltom City.

I'm technically in Samson Park, but pretty much Lake Worth (820 and 199). There is really nothing this way, beside the movie theater, but you've got The Palace downtown, and the Bass Hall.

You can check out the Omni Theater and Science center, they are a blast. Casa Mañana is also around here to. Also, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey are coming to town on the 15th-19th, http://www.ringling.com/schedule/schedule.aspx?id=95573. I've already got some free tickets for myself.

Comment

Send your wife/gf to Granbury to do scrapbook stuff at my wife's store, and we can go to Quakecon tomorrow!
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah I signed up for QuakeCon too bad I'll end up missing it again.

Comment

Well I am in Deep South Texas.. but hey welcome to the State Of Texas.

Edit: Noticed you just moved from SA to DFW. Either way hope you like the area that you moved to.

Comment

I moved to Ennis in March. The best thing about DFW is the food. Papa Deaux's, Black Eyed Pea, Uncle Julio's, etc.

Cing, I wish I had remembered about your wife's store, I remember you mentioned it in the past. We just did 13 huge collages to replace what was lost in a massive fire in Knoxville. I will keep you in mind from now on though....
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Razzoo's is also very good, I haven't gotten to eat there in quite awhile either, theres one downtown to.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips. San Antonio definitely has the market cornered on Mexican food, but for everything else, Ft. Worth has some really amazing places. Anyone been to the Covey down Hulan street? They have fantastic micro-brewed beer and exotic game food. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                    Thanks for all the tips. San Antonio definitely has the market cornered on Mexican food
                    Oh, man, the first Mexican Food place that I found in Texas is just south of Fort Worth in a town called Benbrook. It's on highway 377 about a mile south of I-20 and it's called Avarado's. It's a fast food restaurant that serves Mexican food and not the nasty jalapeno laden tejano food that you find everywhere else in Texas. God, am I sick of TexMex food...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I've seen that place, never eaten there.

Comment

I've seen it as well. I was curious about it, so I'll try it. I'm familiar with Benbrook since I sometimes drive through there.

Comment

Heh, my wife and I are considering moving to texas from california. Probably around austin would be my guess. What do you guys know about austin...how would you compare it to california? How much of a culture shock is it?
                          |TG-Irr| Dfg872

Comment

Originally posted by dfg872 View Post
                            Heh, my wife and I are considering moving to texas from california. Probably around austin would be my guess. What do you guys know about austin...how would you compare it to california? How much of a culture shock is it?
                            My sister and bro-in-law are moving out here later this month from San Diego. My wife's sister and bro-in-law moved out here last year from Long Beach. My parents are moving out here from San Diego as soon as their house is built. Oh, and my parents are paying cash for their house out here. My sis is going to have a very small mortgage (under a hundred thousand) on a huge brand new brick house that would probably sell for about a million bucks in San Diego.

Austin would probably have the least amount of culture shock. It's a very liberal city and has a lot of western attitude instead of southern attitude.

It was easy for me to move here after growing up in San Diego, as much of Texas culture (guns, independence, freedom) is right up my alley.

What part of Cali would you be moving from?
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Speaking of food, I think they are alot of places, not 100% I ate at the Cracker Barrel yesterday in Benbrook. Country food at its finest. Only thing I ever get is chicken n' dumplings to.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X