Steam Community in Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Community in Beta

The Steam Community is now in Beta form and should update next time you start Steam up. To enter the beta just go to File-->Settings. Under Betas click change and choose Steam Community Beta under the drop down list. You'll have to restart but you'll have a new Community tab in your steam window. Be wary if you have a custom skin it might have trouble displaying some things.

You basically make a profile page that friends can see. Your profile pic (if you can get it to work) allows you to see yourself and friends in game supposedly. You can also see your friend's pics. You can join groups, list your favorite game. Steam will even rate you on your profile on how well you're doing. As for me it's only insult to injury rating me a 1.5 (please be out of 5) El Terrible!

The cool thing is that you can send invites to players and seemingly send invites thru groups.

So I have but one question. Should we make a TG group? :D

For more information here's a link:
    http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...team_Community

Re: Steam Community in Beta

Ok so profile pics don't seem to work, neither does leaving a group. Or saving Links and Profile Page title :(

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
      So I have but one question. Should we make a TG group? :D
      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TacticalGamer
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Oh cool thanks :)

Comment

Delicious. It was nice knowing you Xfire...no wait...it was horrible knowing you...bye.

My god the front page picture on Steam community is the most hilariously accurate thing I've ever seen dealing with social networking. https://steamcommunity.com/

-Zephyr
          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
          We are not a single game.
          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Participating in the Beta does two VERY, VERY obnoxious things:

It enables, by default, "in-game" something or other which makes Steam messages from friends pop up in the middle of the screen while I'm playing! I have to press Shift-Tab to get rid of it. You can disable the in-game thing, but why would they make the default setting something so obnoxious? It's not like they owe tribute to Microsoft.

For me, it causes my VOIP (output) to hurt people's ears. As soon as I disabled the beta, the problem disappeared.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
              My god the front page picture on Steam community is the most hilariously accurate thing I've ever seen dealing with social networking. https://steamcommunity.com/
              Funny, the same thought came to my mind :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X