No announcement yet.

Fantasy movies this holiday season

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy movies this holiday season

Two movies coming out this holiday season based on two great fantasy series, His Dark Materials and The Dark is Rising Sequence. Also a point of interest Stardust is coming out in a couple of days as well.

I've just started His Dark Materials and I'm almost done with The Golden Compass, its a really great series so far, definitely recommend you read it if you haven't. The movie appears to be somewhat faithful to the books from what I've seen in the trailers.

Stardust was written by Neil Gaiman of Sandman fame, I haven't had the pleasure of reading the book, but the movie looks great.

The Dark is Rising movie looks disappointing to me. It appears that it will take place in present times in a suburb... I'm not entirely sure, but I hope they keep it more faithful to the series since they've already skipped Under Sea, Over Stone. I'm also sad because I really would've liked for Michael Caine to play Merriman Lyon.

Does anyone else plan on seeing one or all of these movies? Personally I plan on seeing all of them.

Re: Fantasy movies this holiday season

Pullman really pulled me into his Dark Materials series when I was in HS. I can't wait to see the movie when it's released (and yes, it does look very true to the book based on the trailers). The three book series is done pretty well too, considering he wrote them as an ammateur writer.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed