Well...I did it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...I did it

Well I made up my mind, I re-enlisted on Friday:)

I am not sure if this is what I wanted, but I got to say that this is the easiest job I have ever had. Free dental, health, and pretty decent pay. So another four years for me and by that time I will have ten total.

Here is a pic of it...*Note the banner;)*

"Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Well...I did it

Hooah, man! I hope your job satisfaction goes up over your next term. Maybe you'll get a few more challenges to go along with the base housing and tricare. :p

I like the banner, too. I have to say, It's been forever since I've actually seen servicemen wearing BDU's. When are you guys getting your hands on those new camies being issued?
    Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

Originally posted by Silas Ender View Post
      When are you guys getting your hands on those new camies being issued?
      The mandatory wear date is 2011...but we can start anytime.

Comment

congrats dirt...thanks man. My brother renlisted in the Navy a couple of years ago...He's in Okinawa now.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Make us proud! Good Job!
          The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
          mutual respect for your fellow gamers
          and where all members
          would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
          Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Good for you, hope you get stationed somewhere nice and hopefully not hot. I may enlist myself next year if I can work out my fears beforehand. I can't stand looking at the old style bdus anymore, marpat ftw.

Comment

Congrats bud! Now what they need to do is station you in Hawaii on "morale detail". :D

Comment

You rock Dirt!

Comment

Congratulations Dirtboy! I hope the job will be all you wish and your girlfriend will be with you at all times ;-)
                  I don't want to be rude, but I was wondering if you have considered all the pluses and minuses of the job? I could picture a list:

+ Pluses
                  Free dental, health, and pretty decent pay
                  Free burial
                  Guaranteed four year term

- Minuses
                  Possible return home in body bag
                  Four years with no way out

How did you make that decision? It seems pretty hard for me. I can't even imagine. What led you to that decision?

Comment

Originally posted by marstein View Post
                    How did you make that decision? It seems pretty hard for me. I can't even imagine. What led you to that decision?
                    I guess it was because I am so used to the way things are done in the Military. I get pretty good pay, and this is the easiest job I have EVER had. If I do 20 years I get a paycheck for the rest of my life and by that time I will be 38:).

Comment

so what exactly do you do, besides sit in your bunk and dream of Jessica Alba (skank)? ;)
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                        so what exactly do you do, besides sit in your bunk and dream of Jessica Alba (skank)? ;)
                        That is pretty much it:row__631:

That and yell at my troops for doing stupid stuff;)

Comment

Sucker!! That is how they get you, they do it once and the next time it is easier and easier....
                          Next thing you know you are ready to retire! :icon_bigg
                          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                            this is the easiest job I have EVER had.
                            Man, if you ever get out, get a federal civilian job. You don't know what easy is! Nor do you know what overtime pay is!

Heh.... I hadn't heard of the new Airman Battle Uniform, so I looked it up. Leave it to the Air Force to pixelate their uniform in an ineffective manner just to be cool like the Marines (the Army did it too, though...).

For anyone else that hadn't heard of it, images here:

http://www.tigerstripeproducts.com/airforcetiger.htm

http://www.dyess.af.mil/shared/media...-0000R-001.jpg
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              Heh.... I hadn't heard of the new Airman Battle Uniform, so I looked it up. Leave it to the Air Force to pixelate their uniform in an ineffective manner just to be cool like the Marines (the Army did it too, though...).

For anyone else that hadn't heard of it, images here:

http://www.tigerstripeproducts.com/airforcetiger.htm

http://www.dyess.af.mil/shared/media...-0000R-001.jpg
                              I've now decided that I love ACU's afterall.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X