Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam DDoS

This evening, from Steam's forums:

Steam is currently the target of a distributed denial-of-service attack, and consequentially, some services are sufferring outages.
    www.steampowered.com/forums

FanTASTic. Never before have I ever played an online game that was so regularly unavailable. The sad part is that nothing about the game itself (Half-Life) is what makes it unavailable.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Steam DDoS

No forums, either.

Check out yon graph:

http://www.steampowered.com/status/status.html

which also states that Steam is online, btw.
    Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Welcome to steam....We suck.

Comment

If only I had my WON copy installed... go find me a 2.0 NS server...

Comment

Don't forget the fact that they are constantly trying to break 3rd party anti-cheat protection (namely CD) with every steam patch....

Comment

Hey Mito showed up!

Comment

woohoO!!! Mito! :)
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

NEVAR!!!!

:)

But yeah, Steam is sucking about now. No doubt this DOS was either planned to happen at the same time, or is in retaliation against the closing of the WON system.

Either way, games are sucking since no one is playing. I finally got in by starting Steam in offline mode (I didn't think it would let me join a game in offline mode, but it did) but the game sucked so bad that I only played 3 rounds and we called it quits (it was only some 2v2 games, and one of the people did nothing but TK and shoot his own CC... ocasionally he would shoot in the general direction of the other team... I don't think I ever got killed by him when he wasn't on my team..).

Can't wait till Steam is back up and functional so we can get the quality back up!!!

Comment

Just got in. I N C O M I N G ! ! !

Wait. So I'm logged into Steam...and my ticket has expired. So I'm having to re-login again...

Comment

Well, it let me get to a login screen this time, but still not letting me past it...

Can't even get into offline mode anymore!

Comment

LoL,

That's the problem I had last night. I had to "Exit and Logout" of steam and re-login and that let me in the games.

Now I can't even login though.

Comment

ummmmmm....... Steam has worked for me allll daaaayyy looonnng. Not a single problem today. I usually dont have any probs with it unless it's me. Last time my steam went down, it was me :P

Comment

Well, it wasn't me and it wasn't them...

After waiting and constant trying, suddenly Stupid and I were both able to login to Steam and NS at nearly the exact same time, and were quickly joined by at least 4 or 5 others, and had a full server within 15 minutes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X