Do you wear your seatbelt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wear your seatbelt?

In a Sandbox thread, someone mentioned that they still have hard feelings for seatbelt laws. Personally, I think that not wearing a seatbelt is a foolish risk, so I always wear mine. There are several videos on the net that will make you think twice about not buckling up.

I am interested to find out the ratio of users to nonusers here at TG.
    Yes
    94.12%
    No
    5.88%

Re: Do you wear your seatbelt?

Doy. I don't feel like being ejected through my windshield at 50 mph while being suddenly stopped by a vehicle running a red light. My brother was on his way to work last week when he was going almost 50 when a driver with a Ford F-150 ran a red light. He was driving a little Audi A4, and another driver next to him had a little Mazda 3 hatchback just like mine. Everyone was wearing their seatbelts and I believe it saved all of their lives. Otherwise, my brothers head would've been inside that truck. All vehicles were totaled. The drivers were all shaken up and bruised, but no serious injuries at all.

Maybe we should abolish seatbelt laws though, just so we can let Darwinism truly do its work. But then again, kids would end up dying due to stupid parents not buckling them up. Hmm. What to do. What to do.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

My dad is one of those people that refuses to wear a seatbelt.

He was actually in a very bad accident not too long ago and wasn't wearing a seatbelt. He was driving a semi loaded with logs, and apparently the driver of a truck headed the opposite way fell asleep. The other truck crossed over and rammed into the side of his semi sending it off the side of the highway. My dad doesn't remember much except being tossed around the cab of the semi and he woke up on the floorboard of the passenger side of the cab. He couldn't move for a little bit, but then managed to climb out of the cab. He said the only thing he kept thinking was the logs were going to come crashing through the back of the cab any minute and crush him. Apparently, they came free and went over the top of the cab. Everyone that came along the scene said there was no way the driver of the semi lived. My dad actually walked away with a few scrapes and bruises nothing major.

So now of course I hear about how not wearing a seatbelt actually kept him from dying.
      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

I always had a bad habit of forgetting to put it on with my old car (since I had to tie it in a knot for a while since it was broken). When I'm out visiting my friend in a small town I usually never wear it because there is rarely anybody around. Out here in the city though I almost always remember to wear it.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I answered always even though I may not wear it if I'm just driving down to pick up my mail at the corner.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I voted "Yes" on a similiar premise as Icky.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Hellz ya I do, I don't like to break the law!

Comment

I wear my seatbelt because it is the smart thing to do. However, I resent the fact that the government FORCES me to do anything that does not have a substantial effect on other people.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Never even crosses my mind not to, by now its just grown to such a habbit, but alas I'm younger than most of you.

Comment

Same thoughts as Tempus. I wear it all the time no matter where im going, but I also think the government should have no say in it except for minors.

Comment

My car beeps annoyingly after about 30 seconds of forward motion, if the driver side seatbelt is not fastened.

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                        I answered always even though I may not wear it if I'm just driving down to pick up my mail at the corner.
                        Most accidents occur close to home and at low speeds. I remember physics class where we calculated that coming to a dead stop from 35mph is like jumping out of the 4th floor or something like that.

Comment

Makes me mad that you can pay/ or take a class not to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.

Comment

Why anyone wouldn't wear a seatbelt is a mystery to me.

If you are in the back seat you can do some serious damage to the person in front of you if you aren't wearing the belt. Happened to a guy I know a while back. He was in the back seat of a car in a minor collision and ended up breaking the seat in front of him because he wasn't strapped in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                              I wear my seatbelt because it is the smart thing to do. However, I resent the fact that the government FORCES me to do anything that does not have a substantial effect on other people.
                              Me too. I did anyway before my seatbelt citation, but I got nabbed pulling out of a parking lot of all places. Pretty sure it was my comment about seatbelt laws you were referring to, whistler. Yeah as much as I hate to admit it, since getting that $180 ticket I never drive without a seatbelt. I can't afford it.
                              Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X