Rennaisance Faire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rennaisance Faire

Just came back from the Pennsylvania Rennaisance Faire, and had some fun. Has anyone else gone to these things frequently? I wish I could go more often..
    And yes, this is me, heh. My coworkers call me Hamish, I wonder why..

With my sister:

If I look tired, it's because it was a blisteringly hot 105+ with the humidity. The woolen kilt and linen blouse was actually a lot cooler than the streetclothes I came in.

I have some reservations about it this year, though. It seems theres been a broad change from the last time I went, with my school maybe 9 years ago. Its grown a lot bigger, and not exactly for the better. A LOT of it is now dedicated to merchandising, etc which isn't how it used to be. The shows are okay, but they could be better, might have been the heat. I recall it being a lot less crowded, and more in-style and in-period than I saw today. A lot of the more interesting features imo have been revamped or replaced. The final joust was nice, but the choregraphed fights were horribly scripted and slow.

I love this type of period, and I'm not ashamed to be a bit of a medieval arms and armor buff, but the whole thing is slowly getting that theme park feel to it, if you know what I mean.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Re: Rennaisance Faire

Hah, I went to the PA renaissance festival myself last year. It was fun, but I got the same feeling you did. It can be a bit like a medieval-themed mall.

Oh, and that's one fine beard ya got there.
    Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

I tend to frequent Scarborough Faire out here in Dallas and the Texas Renaissance Festival in Plantersville,Tx. I dress up as well, but have no spiffy pictures to show for it, I've even got my wife and parents dressing up and going with me as well.

Comment

Texas Ren Fair is a blast! i hope to go this year.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

We have three themed fairs in the area. The Ringling Medieval fair, the Bay Area Ren fair, and the Scottish festival. I used to go to all of them - in full regalia too.. there must be some pictures somewhere.
          sigpic

Comment

I went last year to the Texas Ren Fair in Plantersville and finally had a chance to wear my costume. It's about the last guilty pleasure from my D&D days I have left. Yea, I know the pants are lame, but I wasn't about to blow a chunk of cash on cheap ones there.
            Last edited by TheFeniX; 12-31-2007, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X