Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

    Okay people, go pay your $5 at your local game retailer and grab that TR pre-order so you can get into the beta. If you like it, buy it. As far as pre-orders go, it's the best I've seen. You get a 3-day head start, a special DVD with xtra content, a special box, special emotes, a special pet, and a few other goodies I cant remember.

    I did the same thing with LotRO and ended up passing on the game, so it saved me $40.

    Anyways, a few of us are trying it out right now. A TG clan has been formed. Aside from PotBS it's the only game worth trying out this year as far as MMOs go, everything else releases in mid-08. As far as a "tactical" mmo goes, it's the only one out there worth anything right now.

    Not sure how much of a review we can give but just pay the $5 and try it out for yourself.

  • #2
    Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

    Got links? :)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

    <---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

      http://www.playtr.com/index.html

      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/role-pl...rasa-beta.html

      http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=645762


      Note: the gamestop pre-order says $50, but if you go to the store in person many times you can get the pre-order bundle for only $5, then pay the difference at release.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

        Any idea how much they'll be charging to play this MMO?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

          Great game so far really looking forward to more TG support hit me up ingame "Flenaly" or "Sarcoma" and will through you and invite.

          Look for me tonight as it is the first us play session this week.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

            I agree it’s a fun MMO. I just canceled my LOTRO account.

            The BETA invite comes with a $5 pre-order and is a great way to “try” it out on the cheap.

            Sarcoma
            Sarcoma.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

              But there's a subscription, too, right?
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

                Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                But there's a subscription, too, right?
                Yes but that comes later after the Beta test. No they haven't given us an amount but your good to assume the MMO standard of 15 USD a month.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

                  I've been playing off and on the past few weeks. Who should I message for the clan invite? (It needs character's last name, which is global for all characters on an account)

                  (Last name is Satertek, I'm on now till I get bored :p )
                  Last edited by Satertek; 08-28-2007, 06:53 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

                    Originally posted by Satertek View Post
                    I've been playing off and on the past few weeks. Who should I message for the clan invite? (It needs character's last name, which is global for all characters on an account)
                    "Flenaly" or "Sarcoma"

                    Sarcoma
                    Sarcoma.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

                      Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
                      "Flenaly" or "Sarcoma"

                      Sarcoma
                      Tried adding/messaging both those names but no dice. Maybe it won't let you message/add someone unless they're online?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

                        Originally posted by Satertek View Post
                        Tried adding/messaging both those names but no dice. Maybe it won't let you message/add someone unless they're online?
                        Correct but I will be online in a few minutes meet up in teamspeak I'll set up a temporary channle.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

                          Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                          Yes but that comes later after the Beta test. No they haven't given us an amount but your good to assume the MMO standard of 15 USD a month.
                          Yeah, I definitely don't want to try out this game and find out that I like it...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

                            I tried an instance for the 1st time last night. Helluva lot of fun! And challenging at that. I befriended 2 other PCs and we went messin around in "The Caves."

                            Most of the instances in TR give you a video (movie) introduction before you enter, briefing you on what you're supposed to do while you're inside. This I found to be really cool.

                            Inside, the NPC AI chewed us up and spit us out. If you've got vis. on them, they run and duck into cover. They shoot and displace, etc. You readily get flanked and have to fall back. Many are immune to certain types of attacks, so you cant just mindlessly punch the mouse-button. The "spiders" for instance were immune to my corrosive (poison) D.O.T.s. Also of note, some of the bastards come back alive if you dont "loot" them! i.e. The Forean nme are all "undead", so you've gotta free them or else they keep pounding on you. Interesting, especially when they place these Forean on cliffs that are tough to reach. Adds an interesting element.

                            Anyways, for just a regular instance it takes a LOT of thought and tactics to effectively get through it. VOIP is a MUST, and the game thankfully has its own. You can tell they made this game for thinkers.

                            The difference with WoW is grossly apparent in these instances as TR's seem to be much more interactive. You cant just shoot things, kill the boss, and win. You have to accomplish many small non-apparent goals to get through.

                            Anyways, I like it. Lot of fun. Lot of noise. Explosions. Organized chaos. In a large group those instances are fun as hell. btw, the instances DO scale depending on your group size/makeup. You can do them alone and succeed, or do them in a squad and fail.

                            I know of no other game that has ever implemented a system like this. Hence the term "Tabula Rasa", which means "fresh start" in Latin.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Soldiers needed for Tabula Rasa beta

                              Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                              I tried an instance for the 1st time last night. Helluva lot of fun! And challenging at that. I befriended 2 other PCs and we went messin around in "The Caves."

                              Most of the instances in TR give you a video (movie) introduction before you enter, briefing you on what you're supposed to do while you're inside. This I found to be really cool.

                              Inside, the NPC AI chewed us up and spit us out. If you've got vis. on them, they run and duck into cover. They shoot and displace, etc. You readily get flanked and have to fall back. Many are immune to certain types of attacks, so you cant just mindlessly punch the mouse-button. The "spiders" for instance were immune to my corrosive (poison) D.O.T.s. Also of note, some of the bastards come back alive if you dont "loot" them! i.e. The Forean nme are all "undead", so you've gotta free them or else they keep pounding on you. Interesting, especially when they place these Forean on cliffs that are tough to reach. Adds an interesting element.

                              Anyways, for just a regular instance it takes a LOT of thought and tactics to effectively get through it. VOIP is a MUST, and the game thankfully has its own. You can tell they made this game for thinkers.

                              The difference with WoW is grossly apparent in these instances as TR's seem to be much more interactive. You cant just shoot things, kill the boss, and win. You have to accomplish many small non-apparent goals to get through.

                              Anyways, I like it. Lot of fun. Lot of noise. Explosions. Organized chaos. In a large group those instances are fun as hell. btw, the instances DO scale depending on your group size/makeup. You can do them alone and succeed, or do them in a squad and fail.

                              I know of no other game that has ever implemented a system like this. Hence the term "Tabula Rasa", which means "fresh start" in Latin.
                              Warning if you do get in avoid the beta forums like the plague.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X