signature links

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signature links

could someone please redirect me to the page about links, i mean when you have like " read our rules" where that text is a link. how do you do it?
    thanks

Re: signature links

2 Para,

Basically you click in your User CP, than go to edit siggnature. Now click on the Icon with the little world icon. Once you do type in the actual link to a page, click ok (for my example it is www.woundedwarriorproject.org). Than you will have a bunch of coding looking like my link :

URL="http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org"] The Wounded Warrior Project, help support my friends[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

The red part is where you type what you want to be expressed as a link, that has nothing to do with the actual link. That is whatever we will all see as a link.

Good Luck!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I've managed to crack it with a little help from lucky strike, thanks anyway man

Comment

At the bottom left hand corner of every page in the forums you will see the 'Posting Rules' box with some links in it as well.

You want to read this one.

It has a lot of information in it like the basic forum codes and how to use them

Then there's this one.

Which shows you all the smilies and ribbon codes.

Frankly what we need is a list of all the special codes that are kept on the down low.

Stuff like [noparse][/noparse] which disables the BBC codes in it for easier examples.

To steal TheBigC's example:
        [noparse][URL="http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org"]The Wounded Warrior Project, help support my friends[/url][/noparse]
        Turns into:
        [URL="http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org"]The Wounded Warrior Project, help support my friends[/url]

There's also the [item][/item] which is special to us TG-WoW players because it lets us link WoW items to the forums. Just like [item]Tear Stained Handkerchief[/item] and [item]Broken I.W.I.N. Button[/item].
        My sanity is not in question...
        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

[media]www.SomeSillyVideoSite.com/coolvideo12345[/media] should display embedded video if you put a link to a video site in there... (not that it would be appropriate in a sig, but it's one of the less used codes that we have here...)
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It doesn't seem like the [media][/media] is working at this time. Using it will give you the embedded player, but it will fail while trying to play the clip.
            My sanity is not in question...
            It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAKbplNGhDo[/media]

Hmmm... Well, that sucks...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X