Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Q. about membership and members

Hello,

Just trying to find out more about your gaming group here. How many members are there? and are they all current or ex-military (or emergency service workers)?

How many members are active in gaming?
    and what are the current main games?

Thx for any info, hope to talk with a few of you later.

Magnum
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Hello, Q. about membership and members

There are a lot of registered users on the forums but I'm not sure how many are active gamers. Not all have military or law enforcement experience. I have no experience in the military or any other emergency services. Ryn and Patorean though are both in the Canadian Forces and sometimes go overseas to Afganistan or wherever they're needed.

Check out the games listed in the forums. The ones with constant posting are the most active ones. If there's a game you want to try out, suggest it and maybe others will get into play it.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

There are a LOT of current and prior military and law enforcement folks here. It's not a requirement, though. I'd estimate that almost half of the people here that are out of high school have military or law enforcement experience.

Regardless, the members here are mature and teamwork oriented. As Sarc said, take a look through our forums to see which games are active. I'd say that Natural Selection and Joint Ops are the most active right now, though.

Comment

I would say we are a rather large group, comprised of a variety of different clans, squads and such, many of whom are in the military or service workers. All of us have a liking for the style of play we promote around here- coordinated teamplay, regardless of the game we are playing.

The games that have recently seen the most action have been Joint Operations, America's Army, Natural Selection and less so recently but soon to become active again, Ghost Recon.

Looking forward to getting some games in with you- welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome aboard Magnum. We are all one big gaming family, whichever game(s) we play and whatever walk of life we are from. What brings everyone together here are the people who can have a GG without spoiling other people's fun.
          Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Thx for the info...

The reason I asked, I've been with an all exclusive current and ex-military gaming group for about 5 years now... it's a small group (under 25 people) but strict requirements... thou we've had a GREAT 5 years running... half are deployed now and activity is at a all time low... so was hoping to find other gaming with the same knowledge, back ground, and brother hood interest as myself.

I play most of the popular pc games out today, and keep my own web site up and running with screenshots, files, missions, and video's of gaming action. (along with extras.;)) (www.magnumforce.us)

Would like to connect with a few gamers here and see how it goes, and check out the co-op gaming action...

Is your comms and games passworded for members only, or open for potential new members to try out?

I'll attempt to join your team speak over the weekend to check out any potential gaming action.

Thx again for the info.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Right now, most of our servers are publically available. Our teamspeak server is also public- 67.19.106.94. If you want to hook up to play a few rounds of whatever or are having a hard time connecting to TS or our servers, feel free to PM me- I'll be happy to lend you a hand!

What games do you play?

Comment

The big ones right now are AA, JO, RS, Lock On, and IL2.

But I play many, many games...

In K9 school now, so my daily gaming has been knocked down to my 3 day week ends. (Sat through Mon). but once I'm out of school (December), I always work nights...so game almost daily. lol

I'll try and hook up to TS this weekend, and see what gaming action is available.

Thx, see ya.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Very cool. We'll be looking for ya!

Comment

All of the above really, some are military and certainly some of past military based members have left the community due to commitments in the forces and are missed. Others have no experience at all, some play all the games and some play non and some just hang round the forums. All tastes are covered really.

Comment

my taste: chocolate fudge w/ Almonds..... MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 ALMONDS!
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

ok, maybe next weekend...riding a storm out this weekend, lol.
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Being an NS junkie, it seems unlikely that I'll see any gaming action with you (you're always invited, of course -- and who knows, maybe I'll get involved with Ghost Recon again), but I feel compelled to mention how pleased I am to see your arrival and the warm reception you've received.

Welcome to Tactical Gamer. :) Enjoy your stay.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

extra work because of hurricane mess.... wrong time to test out your gaming group...hope to be able to play by this weekend with some of you.
                            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                              extra work because of hurricane mess.... wrong time to test out your gaming group...hope to be able to play by this weekend with some of you.
                              How did you make out in the storm, Magnum? It looks like there are a couple more down there potentially pointed in your direction, I hope you don't get battered too much more!

Take care of the priorities first, we'll be here ready for some good gaming once you get things straightened out!
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X