Film scanning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film scanning

I am not sure if this is the right place for my question.
    My mom is geting her affairs in order, she's almost 78. She gave me a photo album full of pictures taken over the years of me.
    My question is, I have a combo printer/scanner/copyer, the HP Photosmart C3180 all in one. I like to scan the pictures and achive them them to dvd and to our file server. should I scan one at a time or fill the scanner bed and then scan?
    I don't think there is over fifty pictures, I might be wrong tho.

Thank you
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: Film scanning

I don't think it matters either way. The scanner is only able to capture so much information per square inch of photo, so it doesn't matter if you do them individually or 5 at a time. The individual files would be much larger, and they would be harder to organize and/or present (like in a slide show) if you do them in batches, but they can always be digitally separated later for projects.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah, as Cing said, you can fill the bed and just crop out and resave each individually, or just do one at a time. Start with one, if it's horribly slow, then try a full bed and crop each one out.

Comment

Thanks fellows
        {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X