Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my DT GCSE..

I'm thinking of making a (pc) case.
    (pc in brackets since I think that, if I'm making a case, I might as well stick some components in it.)
    Mainly since no-one else has/is doing it and there are a ton of people around who do it for a living who I could ask for advice.
    There's probably a lot more to it than I know about, but I have till January to research it (and design, I'm not sure), so that should be plenty of time.

Thoughts?
    <<<<Magic!!

-F- Concr3te: "Brutus, goddammit, shut up!"

Re: For my DT GCSE..

ye im doing the same course, good luck.

you can probs. get a high grade for it just make sure it looks good and is finished and your folder work is A+++

Comment

Originally posted by HBrutusH View Post
      Thoughts?
      Are you handy with wood? Make it out of a fancy wood, and when you're done, you can sell it to finance your next computer!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

a pc case made of wood? I never thought of that! probably because they're all made out of aluminium (<that IS spelt right) and steel, would wood actually work?
        <<<<Magic!!

Comment

well you would have to either varnish or polish it up well

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Para View Post
            well you would have to either varnish or polish it up well
            What? Why?

It would work just fine, you'd just have to be sure to ground everything inside. The easiest way I thought to do it would be to use the inner frame from a cheap case and then use wood for the enclosure.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

yeah, I'll buy a cheap case and make a frame out of wood, though I want to see about an idea I have that uses metal.
              Our school has metalworking tools although I don't know what they are (yet). Wood Would be easier, but I don't think wood would look as good as metal, and I'd have to make it thicker to have the same strength as metal, no?
              Good to know that at least two others are showing interest, maybe this would be better in the modding forum? :D
              <<<<Magic!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...