Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok. I give up! Why must my cook-outs always get rained out?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. I give up! Why must my cook-outs always get rained out?!

Allright, on Labor Day, I was planning a pool party with steaks, brats, plenty of girlies in bikini's and the like. Well it got rained out. So we all postponed it for today (Sunday). Well it was supposed to be at 5, but now that it's 4:15, it just now decided to start pouring rain!!! Right after I had finished making all the preparations. That's twice that I've wasted a ton of money and effort within a week. Next time I have a cook-out, I'm not saying a word so I don't jinx it. Does this ever happen to any of ya'll? Time and time again? I'd say this is really like the 10th time this summer this has happened!
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: Ok. I give up! Why must my cook-outs always get rained out?!

I've been there and done that... funny how things sometimes conspire against you (us).

On a different note we haven't seen rain for almost two weeks now in the Philadelphia, PA area.
    |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

Yep, we just got rained on, good news, it cooled off a bit.

Comment

Because God hates you.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
          Because God hates you.
          ouch. That was totally uncalled for. :(

Comment

Lol.

Look at the weather forecasts, but don't just rely on the summary at the end. If you see rain clouds on the forecast headed towards your area, it's always a safe bet that it might rain in the near future. So plan for a time after those clouds have passed your area. Besides, jinxes aren't real. ;)
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
              ouch. That was totally uncalled for. :(
              It was a joke.

I apologize.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                It was a joke.

I apologize.
                Its ok. I knew it was. I was just messin' around. Ends up that most everyone came anyway, we partied at my apartment with a girl to guy ratio of 2:1, the rain became a drizzle, and by 8 it cleared up, so I ended up grilling my steaks, everyone got drunk, and I ended up with 4 phone numbers AND someone's unmentionables the next morning. ;)

Yup, I guess I spoke too soon, because the day/night turned out fantastic in the end.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X