Enemy Territory: Quake Wars demo is released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy Territory: Quake Wars demo is released

In case you dont venture to the other forums, i figured i post it here too. The demo is out now and you can grab it pretty much anywhere (i get good speeds on fileplanet, but im sure there are torrents floating around).

http://www.fileplanet.com/168864/160...lanet-Premiere)

For those who arent familiar with the game, it a multiplayer FPS akin to the Battlefield series (ie. objective-based). The game is pretty fast paced which, will no doubt put off the more slow, tactical crowd, so take that into consideration. However, it is VERY teamwork oriented. There are 5 different roles you can play and each one is essential for victory. Even if youre not a good twitch player, you can still do very well in this game supporting the team as a medic, covert ops, engineer or field ops. Everything you do that helps the team earns you XP that basically gains you different rewards. None of them are overpowered but are helpful and after each map, you score resets so as to keep it as fair as possible.

The GDF are attacking and the Strogg are defending with different goals for each. Here's a pretty good guide to the map and what you have to do so its a good place to start for newbs -

http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/91

You can switch roles at any time but its usually good to stick with one role as to get the rewards. There is a lot of little nuances that will take a little while to learn, but pay attention to the top of the screen when you pull out something like a gun or grenade. It will tell you exactly how to use it. Once you learn the little things for each class the game gets a LOT better so stick with it if you find yourself fustrated.

If this sounds like it wont be for you, thats fine...but if you liked the battlefield series, why not try it out? Its a free demo...dont like it, delete it, but if you like action, theres a lot of teamwork oriented action here to like. See you on the battlefield!

Re: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars demo is released

Cool I'll check it out. Thanks man!
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Good torrent:
        http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=1490

Irregular and proud of it.
        |TG-Irr|Vladd

Comment

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
          There's actually an official torrent for once though ;)

http://zerowing.idsoftware.com:6969/...8d0221.torrent

Comment

I've been playing this for a few days and I have to say...it is very very fun. Definetley worth a check if you liked the battlefield series or if you like fast paced games.

Comment

A few of us from the 7th have been trying this out. Stop in the TS Quake Wars channel if you end up playing; it might attract more to join in.

Comment

Runs incredibly smooth on normal settings on a GeForce 7600GT at 1440x900 with vertical sync and 2x antialiasing. Looks and plays fantastic. Was very playable with high settings, but I'm picky about having at least 40+ FPS in a close up battle so I switched to 'normal'.

Little too fast paced and chaotic for my taste though, looking forward to mods.
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Thanks for posting this info, guys.

I've got to do a game review on this one when it comes out for my volunteer gig. Should be interesting.

Based upon the demo, I have to agree with Snoogums (we must have similar taste in FPS).. just too fast-paced for me - same reason I didn't care for Unreal Tourny 2003 and beyond. Mods should be interesting, though. We'll see, I hate to judge much before the final comes out, so we'll just have to see how the final version tickles me.
                  |TG-Irr| Icefoxen
                  - Exercising more to deal with the plateau. (-72 lbs)
                  ^,,^
                  <->

Comment

its pretty fun. reminds me of quake 4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse