Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And in other news Fileplanet will be getting a Crysis MP beta.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And in other news Fileplanet will be getting a Crysis MP beta.

It was opened today for Founder's Club members. No clue when Fileplanet members will be allowed to DL it.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: And in other news Fileplanet will be getting a Crysis MP beta.

You mean members as in regular paid members, or just free accounts? Noticed you said Founders Club, which I did have a subscription there.

Edit, do you have any kind of direct link, I can't find it.

Comment

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions...mp_closed.aspx

Comment

I just love FP, even when your subscribed you get ads for subscribing, very deceiving.

So I re-signed up for Founders club, and I don't think my original subscription has expired yet, but wasn't sure because I cancelled it, so..still says keys have all been distributed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
          When they open betas to people who will pay just to get a sneak peek, QA suffers IMO. I can guarantee that 95% of FP subscribers who are given keys provide no valuable feedback to the developers whatsoever.
          Well, you're certainly not going to get well written bug reports from the testers, but if you've got some automated code capturing info and uploading it, well, you've got some serious compatibility data there.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

FilePlanet can bite me. Paying to beta test products is ridiculous. I thought the whole idea was to get constructive feedback on game improvements. When they open betas to people who will pay just to get a sneak peek, QA suffers IMO. I can guarantee that 95% of FP subscribers who are given keys provide no valuable feedback to the developers whatsoever.
            I wish they put betas and such into some sort of open GPL license, so orgs like FilePlanet can't make money off of it and so we can actually test the product and so it's isn't limited to just those who can afford their subscription fee.

How many more key distributes are there left? And are they going to offer more keys to non-subscribed users?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Theoretically, batch 4 usually has been for non-subscribers.

Comment

FilePlanet can bite me. Paying to beta test products is ridiculous. I thought the whole idea was to get constructive feedback on game improvements. When they open betas to people who will pay just to get a sneak peek, QA suffers IMO. I can guarantee that 95% of FP subscribers who are given keys provide no valuable feedback to the developers whatsoever.
                Yeah I have been thinking over the months on to just stop subscribing because of when they have the closed forums and feedback just doesn't get sent in.. I sent in dozens of emails about the GRAW2 beta's and bugs was still into the game 1 month after release and was fixed.. I try to bug hunt for beta's but its the 95% just want the sneek peek

Comment

Damn, second batch still says coming soon, I was hoping I didn't miss it, but now I'm wondering if they are going to release a second batch today.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                    Damn, second batch still says coming soon, I was hoping I didn't miss it, but now I'm wondering if they are going to release a second batch today.
                    Don't hold your breath (like I am!). Dang I always miss this crap!

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by VegaBond View Post
                      Yeah I have been thinking over the months on to just stop subscribing because of when they have the closed forums and feedback just doesn't get sent in.. I sent in dozens of emails about the GRAW2 beta's and bugs was still into the game 1 month after release and was fixed.. I try to bug hunt for beta's but its the 95% just want the sneek peek
                      I think a lot of that has to do with the developer more then fileplanet. The Company of heroes opposing fronts closed beta via fileplanet got plenty of dev attention and they have made changes based on tester suggestions.

From my admitted limited experience, very few developers use "beta testing" for anything more then paid advertising for their game in the case of fileplanet. (I'm guessing fileplanet pays the developer to get "closed beta rights".) I don't know all the in's-and-out's of game development, but I'm fairly sure blaming fileplanet isn't laying the blame at the proper place for ignored bu g reports.

Comment

I have been a Founder club member for years.. I love Fileplanet, the DL speeds I get from them are fabulous.. BUT they ALWAYS release these Keys in the middle of the day.. and I always get the email after the keys are gone. It is true they never get good feedback from the people who get the keys, because those peolpe who get them, just use them for a sneek peek, and then uninstall the demo.

Really sad... They should ask people to apply for the Keys.. Giving a good reason for wanting the Key.. Not just giving them out to the first 100 people who are sitting at home(or at the office) with nothing better to do.
                        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                        E Pluribus Unum
                        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed