September 11, 2001 9/11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 11, 2001 9/11

I would like on this day to thank the Police, Firefighters, and Medical personnel that help protect us and respond to our needs every day. The men and woman who chose these professions know what it means and know that any day could be another 9/11. Through their undying diligence, and constant training they remain steps ahead of whatever evils may come for them that day. Most of these people that I know personally cannot wait to get to work because they truly love what they are doing in protecting all of us. Thank you all and God bless you all for what you do.

To our Armed Forces personnel both home and abroad, we all owe you a debt of gratitude for letting us rest easy and go on with our everyday lives uninterrupted by fear and bad events. I know that we had a few terrorist events that happened prior to 9/11 that killed Americans and effected all of our lives, but 9/11 appears to be the catalyst that made us say enough to terrorism and let our Military do what they do best. I will always be behind you all regardless of what anyone’s opinions might be. You do not get asked to go there, you are ordered to, and you all willingly know what it might mean. I thank you all for your sacrifices and God bless you for what you do.

Never forget what these people did to you! They attacked us on our homeland, our soil! They killed my brothers and sisters and our fellow Americans!

These people are both resilient and well educated. They have unlimited resources and are backed by some countries that hate us!

They want all Americans dead!!!! That means you and your family!

They will attack again, it’s not a question of if, it’s a question of when!

Please always remain diligent and never become complacent! That is our only hope in beating these people!

God bless to all…

Re: September 11, 2001 9/11

You had me up until the rhetoric at the end. :-/
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

This world will never have unlimited resources. Our foreign policies are hated, not so much us.

Rhetoric aside, all the men and women who tried to bring order, healing, and saving lives on that fateful day needs to be remembered and thanked. Without them many more would have died. They all have my thanks and those of countless others.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yeah I'm grateful to firefighters and cops and military, as long as they aren't trying to arrest me or break down my door, or tell me I can't say this or think that.

But the rest of that mumbojumbo after "God bless you all for what you do."

Yeah, right. Like we're not pushed into fear by the media every single day? They're the terrorists, if you ask me.

I'll believe the commonly accepted theory of what happened on 9/11 when some evidence surfaces to back it up. I'm sorry, but Al-Qaeda releasing videos claiming they did it with a magical appearance-changing-who-happens-to-know-where-the-fountain-of-youth-is figurehead (bin laden) doesn't count as evidence to me, it counts as propaganda.

Comment

I respect all the firefighters, police, emts, etc who do their job on a daily basis not just the ones who died on Sept. 11th. I am sure there are deaths in these professions on a daily basis and just because they didn't die in a terrorist attack doesn't lessen their sacrifice. I think many, and I'm not saying anyone here but the media in general, miss that fact. I think it would be nice, for once, to see the proper respect paid for the sacrifices of the firefighters, police, emts, etc on 9/11 without having to bring up the whole politics of the War on Terrorism, or Iraq, or Afghanistan. Also, I think it would be nice to show respect to the ones who lost loved ones to not have every 9/11 be a day for others to constantly remind them of that fact.

Comment

I still can't sign the date on a piece of paper without thinking about it... it will live with me forever, as it will many others.

()

Comment

I hear ya brother. I actually admittedly broke down in tears this morning remembering this tragic anniversary. I thank God that we live in a country where instead of people running out of burning buildings, we have people who run INTO them. We live in a place with so many unspoken heroes. God bless America!
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
                I still can't sign the date on a piece of paper without thinking about it... it will live with me forever, as it will many others.
                Yeah, up until this year I've just been annoyed every 9/11, thinking to myself "hundreds of thousands of people die and are born every day and we make such a big deal out of 9/11, but we don't even blink when some restaurant is blown out and grey matter is spewed everywhere along the street with random chunks of body parts". But today I felt like it was going to happen again, and then I started watching a few shows on this history channel they had been playing about flight 11, and thought about it being me on that plane and what my reaction would be to my own impending death and being powerless to do anything to stop it. But watching that show made me realize even more how ludicrous it seems to actually believe "they" didn't know it was going to happen, and purposely "under-reacted" with the act of shooting down the planes, so that it would be successful. If you look at this from a military and domestic law enforcement perspective, 9/11 is the perfect catalyst for the slow, gradual transformation of the world. Into what exactly, a more secure society? Or a willfully accepted facism, accepted by the people who are lulled to discontent by the constant bombardment of "terror" and fear inducing images, begging for the government to step in and "make the rag-hat-wearing boogie men go away". Well, unfortunately for all of us, we're signing a deal with the devil, and he doesn't do anything for free. The devil wants something in return.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                  I am with pokerface on this one.

But I will let it slide since you're only 13.
                  Last edited by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom; 09-12-2007, 03:40 AM.
                  RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                  TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                  7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                  "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                  "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                    Well, my friend, my post is not rhetoric. You can have your opinion on the subject like everyone else,in the end. I have to say that I do not want to get in a pissing match with you over this, but I will respectfully disagree with you and your reply for personal reasons….

My friends and colleagues that died on that day would certainly agree with me if they were alive and able to do so.

Thank you and have a nice day…

Comment

So if a person believes in greatness beyond what you personally can understand or feel it's rhetoric? Thats the sad state of our country.

Comment

Yesterday was a very hard day for me, both personally and professionally.
                        As I sit at my desk reading the many posts and many forums on the subject and thinking about all the TV specials that I watched, some touching and some infuriating, I just can’t help but think of how great this country is and how much I love it. I also think of the many friends that I have had throughout my life, some perished on that horrid day, some worked alongside me on that pile looking for anyone we could find, the ones that could not be there gave their support and offered a shoulder to cry on and I did a lot of that believe me. It was like being in hell, only worse to me.

One quick story that always comes to mind when I think back to that almost surreal day, was of this old retired New York City Firefighter jumping on the pile and working his ass off almost to the point of passing out. I told him to take it easy and to pace himself because he would be no help to anyone if he were to go down. His reply to me is something that I will never forget and really reinforces the lesson of knowing when to keep your big mouth shut. His eyes started to water and he said, I don’t care if something happens to me. I am not here for me. I am here for my boy, he just got on the job 2 years ago and he is my life. He asked, please help me? I can’t tell his mother it will kill her.

Well, you can imagine the response of everyone there that heard that. We were crying our eyes out the men with me and I put out a herculean effort to find anyone we could. In our hearts we would remain focused on what we were doing, but in our heads we knew that he was dead and believe me no one would admit that. I never did get that Firefighter’s name and live tortured by that thought whenever I think about it. When we found a body or for the most part body parts; they were treated with the highest care and honor that could be given. We would stand at attention in full salute and we would simply back off and let FDNY or the PAPD, or the NYPD handle their people and it was a somber moment. I attended many funerals and hoped to see the old man and at the same time prayed that maybe by some miracle he would be standing there with his son. I never did see him again… I am really sorry about that.

Another interesting thing on that day was that everything was pulverized to dust. There were no phones, water coolers, desks, wires or anything, just tons of dust and rubble. Each floor was 400x400 and compartmentized, where did everything go? Oh, there were many papers that were everywhere and did not get burned up; very strange. It looked like a war zone and felt like one as well, pictures do it no justice.

I can’t really write about this anymore or I will need to go see my therapist again for the anxiety that was associated with all of this. I learned to harness and use my anxieties in a positive manner and redirect it the people that did this to us.

This event has changed my life to the extent of totally motivating me to do whatever I can to prevent this from happening again.

Please never forget that fateful day, never forget the people that were lost, and never forget what they did to you… As long as I am alive, I promise that I will do my part and never tire in doing so, never say die…

Thank you all for the replies…

Comment

i like also how they are commemerating those who lost their lives, if i am correct i believe they are engraving their names in gold on a large plaque on the border of a new fountain thats to be built.

Comment

Originally posted by curtagain View Post
                            So if a person believes in greatness beyond what you personally can understand or feel it's rhetoric? Thats the sad state of our country.
                            Was that directed to my post?
                            [volun2]
                            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Para View Post
                              i like also how they are commemerating those who lost their lives, if i am correct i believe they are engraving their names in gold on a large plaque on the border of a new fountain thats to be built.
                              I'd like if they honored the dead by giving the equipment needed to fight fires better to the living, like radios that work. Or proper health benefits.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X