Yarrrr... I be back! And lighter too.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yarrrr... I be back! And lighter too.

For those of you who remember me, hi again; For those of you who do not, hi; For those of you who are new since I was here, welcome to TG! *smirk* But let me cut to the chase here.

My new job has been very hard to deal with and I've been under a lot of stress, so I've primarily been trying to stay sane lately - that includes eating, sleeping, spending time with my boyfriend, and a little bit of EVE here and there. Given I volunteer for an upstart gaming media website as well in my spare time, I've had precious little time to relax and most of it is spent with the aforementioned activities.

As a result, TG, with exception to the TGs I see in EVE some days, had gone by the wayside. Note past-tense. Had. I'm learning to juggle my time better now, and deal with the stress of this new job. On the bright side, my focusing on doing well in the job has resulted in me getting a lot of kudos, and hopefully I can be a trainer or manager one day, but anyway.

I'm back, to stay. And since I know some of you were quite enthusiastic about my weight-loss thread, I'll give an update as well. 351 lbs now, which is 66 lbs down from the heaviest I weighed. Not bad, eh? Could have been more, but I have stumbled a few times on the diet - the real key, I must say, is to get back on board even if you stumble - even if you stumble for a WEEK or two! You'll succeed if you can manage that. As with many of our endeavors at TG, morale is key! For others of you who want to lose weight, and I know you are out there, remember: You can and will lose battles along the way, but that does not mean you will lose the WAR.

Anyway, I'll see you guys around. I'm back, and as always, happy to be here!

PS: In the interests of not resurrecting a long-dead thread, this will serve as the new weight-loss update/advice/etc thread. Got anything to say, reply here. I'll relink my sig as appropriate. *smirk*
    Last edited by Icefoxen; 09-15-2007, 02:45 PM.
    |TG-Irr| Icefoxen
    - Exercising more to deal with the plateau. (-72 lbs)
    ^,,^
    <->

Re: Yarrrr... I be back! And lighter too.

Welcome back Fox, great to hear life is treating you well. Look forward to seeing you ingame.
    |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

I am a proud former IRRegular!

Comment

You're in the 8th now, Rage? I don't remember the 8th from before. Are they fresh landlubber appetizers for us pirates to feast upon? Mmm. See you on the battlefield - I look forward to sampling you. ;)

Thanks for the welcome back, man. :)
      |TG-Irr| Icefoxen
      ^,,^
      <->

Comment

Check out our WIKI, we are a new IHS within the 2142 community. Linky is in my sig. Once again, welcome back.
        |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

I am a proud former IRRegular!

Comment

THAT'S FREAKIN AWESOME ICE!!!!!!!!!Your right you have discovered the secret that so many people are looking for, it's not a race it is a marathon and you WILL slip and fall but it is a matter of getting back up and crossing the finish line. Keep up the great work and welcome back. Keep us posted
          sigpic

Comment

Awesome job Fox. Welcome back :)
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Hi dude,

I guess you could call me fresh meat! I hope your job becomes less stressful and I hope you lose the weight that you want to lose!
              Vlexo.com

Comment

Thanks guys! And yes, I am working on this little marathon. I'm having a temporary setback because I am very sick right now, terrible cold, so I'm eating a bit more than usual. But I'm only up 3 lbs and I should be able to lose that easy in a week or less once I'm healthy again.

I hate being sick, especially when my voice gives out. I like talking, and I also do lots of talking (BSing, to be specific) for a living. Blah! Here's hoping I get healthy again soon so I can go back to making money and losing weight effectively soon.

Thanks for the encouragement again, it really does help. I'm quite proud I've managed to lose 66 (well, 63 for now, but that will be fixed) and I do wanna show others here, just as I did in the old thread, that it can be done. ^^

Think I'll add the link to the old thread up top just to be thorough. Anywho, going back to resting now. Hmm. can't edit the first post. Okay, anyone who is confuzzled or wants to understand this weight loss thing from the start of it all, go to http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...ng-boring.html . Please post anything new here though, as we wouldn't want ancient post resurrection. :) And thanks to all those who gave me support back then that I wasn't able to thank due to my leave of absence. It is greatly appreciated. ^^ And hey, as to people who were interested in getting on the bandwagon with me, let me know about the progress you've made in the two months I've been away.
                |TG-Irr| Icefoxen
                ^,,^
                <->

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...