new STEAM community features....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new STEAM community features....

Steams new community features are pretty cool, I was thinking TG should have a comunity also... below is a copy/paste of a post and community I made for SimHQ... up to TG staff if they want to go STEAM powered...

copy/paste:

I know STEAM got off to a rough start with there service, but since it's beginnings it's come a long way IMO...

Steam has just introduced there community service thingy, and it's pretty good... it's kinda like Xfire better in some ways, and some ways not...

Anyway, I started a SimHQ community if you guys use steam and want to use it's features like whos playing what, chatting, sheduling events ect ect then join via your STEAM account...

heres a quick run down...

SimHQ user group, join in and see whos playing what:

a chat room:

create a group event like a BBQ or game:

lets you add all your games (anything with an exe) even if there not steam games, even my VBS2 series and SB Pro PE... so then you can see the server info and stuff to join just by clicking launch:

This is the STEAM overlay you can pull up in any game, I tested them all, then chat, invite ect ect:

WARNING... This is new to STEAM so expect problems, this SimHQ user group has been authorized by the boss, but not offical, and not part of SimHQ's master plan of internet domination... SimHQ and all of us great staff and admins, along with all the members are not responsible for anything that occurs with or on STEAM. (hows that for covering our butts. ;) )
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: new STEAM community features....

TG has a group.
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...team+community
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

thx... read the link and followed it... that appears to be a one game TG community... do we have a Steam TG community? if not it would be nice but whatever works for this group.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Are you sure you read it and followed it? that definitely looks like a Steam TG community to me.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

ya, wrong button.. I found it, thx. ;)
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X