X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Downloader. OMG?!

:icon_eek:

http://www.gametab.com/news/1047473/

According to that source, I can no longer download my BF2 Euro Expansion pack (unless I fork over another $6). Well, now I have another good reason why I went retail for BF2 and BF2142 instead of EAD.

Now I'm starting to get mad...where's those chill pills...
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: EA Downloader. OMG?!

Hmmm.. I guess I should back up those files to DVD...

I knew EA Link was a cheap ripoff of Steam!

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I've always been a little worried that one day Steam won't exist, and the hundreds of dollars worth of software I've purchased will be rendered useless. I only used EA downloader to get the SF expansion for BF2 and Armored Fury, neither of which I play at all anymore, or have any intention of playing.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
        I've always been a little worried that one day Steam won't exist, and the hundreds of dollars worth of software I've purchased will be rendered useless. I only used EA downloader to get the SF expansion for BF2 and Armored Fury, neither of which I play at all anymore, or have any intention of playing.
        I'm not. Doesn't take very long to backup the games to a DVD, and (I can't find the quote but) Gabe has said they've tested disabling the authentication on Steam games and it has worked. If not, it wouldn't take for cracks to get around (as they already are) (edit: closest thing I could find)

I probably trust Steam too much though. It's just too easy to double click a game and go do something else for awhile as opposed to swapping out 6 CDs to install something.

Comment

EA Downloader turns into EA Link, now its going back to EA Downloader lol.

Comment

That's messed up. I'm glad I've still got Northern Strike in my cache folder.
            |TG| Lorian
            Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Pffffttt. That must really suck for those who bought a real game (not an expansion/booster pack). I'm glad I bought 2142 in the store, but I did buy Nothern Strike via EA Link. Don't care about that though, Northern Strike is boring :p

Comment

Oh crap. I completely forgot about NS.

How do I go about backing up NS now? Or should I just go and backup the entire 2142 directory?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Damn I gotta backup SF and NS.. but hardly play both anymore.. Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                    How do I go about backing up NS now?
                    Same question here.
                    -F- Darksteel

Comment

Your cache should be located here: C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache\{ BunchOfNumbers }

DB
                      Last edited by Dick Blonov; 09-22-2007, 06:00 PM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

On the EADM and EA Webstore when you make your purchase.
                        The download will be available as many times as you want to download the content for six months.
                        After that time has passed you can either burn the data to a disc or pony up the dough for the Extended Download service.

Though as many of you have stated the actual physical content is just easier to install or uninstall as you wish.

Comment

Not just easier, but it serves as our "backup" to an extent since EA doesn't public tell one how to backup downloaded content (nor does EADM have that option built-in).

Besides, that should have been one of the benefits to paying through their service (they get the money faster through EADM then through retail). Much like how buying retail and having the physical DVD as backup so if we have to reinstall and such.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yeah, I was screwed twice by purchasing the BF2 boosters via EA's download "service".
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'd feel much more comfortable if I knew how to get my CD-keys from them. I think that's the most valuable part.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X