She's finally on the road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's finally on the road

Or should I say she can move under her own power. For the past several years my dad has been working on restoring his 1935 Chevy Standard Coup. This car has been in the family longer than I have. I can tell you that this car has been built, not assembled like many restored cars are now a days. There are no prefabbed chassis. The only fiberglass on the car is the fenders. It has a Chevy 350 with a 700R transmission, 318 gears in the rear. She's a cruiser not a racer. She still has a lot of things left to do for her to be completed. Unfortunately with my dads failing health and limited budget I fear he won't be able to complete it. His health has declined considerably in the past few months and due to his heart and cancer problems I doubt he will complete this dream. Anyway I thought I would share some pictures of the car. I hope you enjoy them.

sigpic

Re: She's finally on the road

Very slick!
    What needs to be done?! Except for some tricked out wheels and tires.
    It looks pretty complete from this end of the pictures. But as I know it's the details that will make or break a project car.

Comment

Thats nice man. Looks real good and goodluck with the finishing detials those are often the most difficult! I can't wait to have my '62 wildcat restored, its a blast driving it around as is though.

Comment

That is a BEAUTIFUL car. I really need to get my old '56 Dodge out of my Dad's garage and get that thing up and running.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow. Ferris needs new shorts now. Thats absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

It's not the fanciest restoration because it's been done on a limited budget but it is good to finally see her under her own power finally. I hope to post some pictures of the condition she was originally in so you guys get an appreciation of the amount of work that has been put in. Thanks for all the kind words
            sigpic

Comment

Very Nice!
              Word

Comment

Gorgeous drizzid.. Interior looks great !! Love the script on the dash ... and the ac and whats that .... power windows!! ;) Dig the headrests as well... Now that its got life.... take every opportunity to cruise that baby around with your dad man. Cant wait to see the origional photos.
                Dizlor

Comment

But don't forget to get a front end alignment before driving very far. :)

Comment

Sweeet!! Every person is different but I also agree, with what I see it is done. Yeah, by looking at the last picture it does look a little off in the front end, Might want to get that checked, then again it could just be the way the picture was taken.
                    Wife and I are going to try making a nice ride out of a 1970 Chevrolet C20 3/4 ton 4x4 truck. Already have everything pretty much planned it is just getting started that is the problem. Big thing I want done with the truck is 35" tires and a LOUD dual Exhaust system with 18" glass packs. I want it to be heard from a mile away when I let up off the gas with the popping and cackling. I had an '86 set up that way and got rid of it. That was a big mistake cause even with the 350 4spd 3/4ton 4x4 I still got 22MPG running around and 28MPG highway. I am wanting to make the '70 like the '86 was.

Oh, tell your dad he should be very, very proud of the car. Hold his chest out like a peacock when driving it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X