Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawball.com - Logo spreading

http://www.drawball.com

You basically solve a little puzzle every time you want to paint on this huge community canvas. Your ink automatically recharges over a period of time. It takes about a day or two to get up to 100% ink. No logins or accounts, the site just remembers you by IP or cookies or something. If you don't paint on the canvas after a few days, your inkwell dries up (aka it forgets who you are).

With enough users and one or two decent artists, it's possible to fill a large enough portion of the canvas so that the artwork is seen when zoomed all the way out. A couple of other websites have their logo up like HardOCP and KATG (a podcast I listen to), even flags.

There are quite a few vandals that will mess up artwork but a large enough group can maintain a logo. It's frustrating to some but satisfying to contribute to a piece of art. I spend about 10-15 minutes a day on the KATG logo so it doesn't have to consume your day. There have to be a few artists at TG to outline a logo and a bunch of members that can fill it in.

What better way to show off teamwork than a large community created logo?

- It's who you game with.

Re: Drawball.com - Logo spreading

This is a very cool idea!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Identify the place and we will start drawing :)

Comment

And here's an amusing little story, why the amount of ink you get recharges over time and is tied to your IP/cookies/what-have-you: some Chinese people drew over the / / (Rules 1 and 2!) sign that'd been formed. In the ensuing havoc, the Drawball people had to initiate that measure.

lulz were had, and then five minutes later, Anonymous got bored and wandered off.

Comment

http://www.drawball.com/4obvfia

This seems like a decent spot to start. I think it'll have enough room for the logo to grow. We can get the Tactical Gamer up with the dog tags in the middle. It might be worthwhile to eventually put up the tag line but we'll have to see how easy it is to read when zoomed enough to read the entire logo.

Before we start, everybody that wants to help has to stockpile some ink so solve that puzzle so it knows you want to paint. Initially inking the logo will take a lot so we all have to save up.

We also need a person or two that can outline the logo. Then the rest can fill in the logo. I think this is the trickiest part since it requires a steady hand to get the lines and curves drawn.

I'm not really sure how many people we'll need to get this done but I think 15-20 is a good start. We might need more depending on how much the logo gets damaged but it should be pretty easy to keep it up once everybody knows what it should look like and the colours to use.

Comment

haha, just up and to the left of the big penis!

Comment

Heh... This reminds me a bit of the ad campaign that was selling space for a dollar a pixel. Only this is free and much larger!

I solved the first puzzle, I guess, as I was able to draw something. I guess I'm saving ink now? Wasn't much of a puzzle...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Man, this one is cool.

http://best.drawball.com/1175547340

Comment

I'm from the KATG forums, at katg.com/forums
                  I just came across your forum while I was doing a search for other drawballers who were discussing our logo... We started our logo about two weeks ago and we've been through a few major battles, the major one with the yahooka.com forums, who attacked us for our green background to put pot leaves on..lol...
                  We are a non-hostile logo, meaning that we do not attack any other drawings unprovoked, and we will help you out with your own logo if you need some...Thanks to Sarc and any other drawballers on this forum who have helped us on our logo!

Comment

I'm not sure if anybody else wants to do this. It'll be pretty hard judging from the response to this thread. I'll keep some ink ready though.

Comment

Well, I just used up all of my ink cleaning up the KATG logo. I sure can't draw a straight line with a mouse, though, or my ink would've lasted a lot longer!

So, yeah, I think a TG logo would be cool. Even cooler if we can team up with KATG to keep our logos looking sharp.

I volunteer to touch up and/or fill in colors, but I have zero talent when it comes to drawing stuff...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Same here, I'm only good at filling in colours and maybe doing some short straight lines. We really need an artist or somebody that can outline the TG logo.

There are unverified tips that if you keep your ink above 40% it recharges faster. I'm not really sure if it's true but it seems like a decent idea just so you have some ink to do stuff like helping others out or extending the logo.

One trick is that you don't have to be perfect at filling in the colours if you're low on ink. The saying, "Good from far, far from good" applies very well here. Usually, the closest zoom will show problems but I think they can be fixed over a longer period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                          Same here, I'm only good at filling in colours and maybe doing some short straight lines. We really need an artist or somebody that can outline the TG logo.

There are unverified tips that if you keep your ink above 40% it recharges faster. I'm not really sure if it's true but it seems like a decent idea just so you have some ink to do stuff like helping others out or extending the logo.

One trick is that you don't have to be perfect at filling in the colours if you're low on ink. The saying, "Good from far, far from good" applies very well here. Usually, the closest zoom will show problems but I think they can be fixed over a longer period of time.
                          i think its true that the more ink you have, the faster it refills... it seems like it took a whole day for me to get up to 25%, and another day to get up to about 80%... I'll do some outlining on you r logo if you want...Are you still thinking about putting it at the spot you mentioned above? I might have to wait until after the weekend as my inks getting low from fending off attacks on KATG

Comment

Originally posted by bowling_for_pyros View Post
                            i think its true that the more ink you have, the faster it refills... it seems like it took a whole day for me to get up to 25%, and another day to get up to about 80%... I'll do some outlining on you r logo if you want...Are you still thinking about putting it at the spot you mentioned above? I might have to wait until after the weekend as my inks getting low from fending off attacks on KATG
                            It would be good to put it close to the KATG logo. I think it'll be easier to defend that entire space and the greens in both logos should be nice.

Comment

Sounds interesting, the number of people involved would probably determine the size of the TG logo.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X