Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you Tactical Gamer member have plenty of military Exp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you Tactical Gamer member have plenty of military Exp?

After a few months browsing through the archives, you guys in my opinion are pretty much military nuts (not to insult TG or anything). So what military experience in the army for some of the members that allowed you to give TG the edge over the militia like pub servers?

Re: How do you Tactical Gamer member have plenty of military Exp?

I personally have no military or law enforcement experience, but I know TG has quite a few members from all colors of the public service spectrum. From marines to state troopers. And then there's players like myself with no experience but a love for that type of thing.
    | | |

Comment

TG doesnt have the edge because of the military background. TG is a singularity. We're not a selective community by any means. We dont have tryouts and we dont have activity requirements. What we do require is teamwork, maturity and respect. When you combine these things, you get the cream of the crop as far as players go. You have veteran players who treat even the newest person with complete respect and have no qualms about taking time out to show them the ropes. We have a dedicated community whose members have no problem taking time out of their busy schedules to write up After Action Reports, Game Guides, and Ribbon Recommendations for their fellow players who they feel do an outstanding job. We work together and as such, we have an enormously strong community. Thats a vibe that people like to latch on to and become a part of. TG has the edge because no other community can seem to offer that. It's infectious and its something that everyone wants to catch sooner or later.

Comment

Just like Ferris said...

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
        if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

I see...so Goat, you got any experience in the army/law enforcement that allowed you to understand military tactics? (Because they got a lot of it in the guides, from the whole Sitrep to military tactic engaging aircraft...

Comment

I'm just a military nerd.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

I feel proud after what Ferris said.... but he more or less nails it on the head.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Originally posted by gyrobot View Post
                I see...so Goat, you got any experience in the army/law enforcement that allowed you to understand military tactics? (Because they got a lot of it in the guides, from the whole Sitrep to military tactic engaging aircraft...
                We do have people here that have decades of military and law enforcement experience. We've got members from at least a half a dozen countries that have served in their military. That helps when writing up SOPs/guides, but Ferris really hit on why TacticalGamer is so popular.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I don't have any military background, but I'm around enough former/current servicemen/women to catch on. Besides, if you watch the Military Channel, History Channel, and war movies like I do, you'll catch on in no time. ;)

Welcome to TG and I hope you will catch our "infectious" bug soon enough. :D
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Playing on the TG servers is infectious. After you do it a few times (or before as in my case) you want to communicate like the players around you so you are a lot more likely to ready through the primers and commit them (as much as possible) to memory. Before you know it, you are up on the tactics and communications used by TG.

Ferris said a lot - I liked it, well said. There is a basic 'structured communication' concept that is utilized throughout the armed forces of the world. What Acreo said about just being exposed to the culture via friends, TV or movies can go a long way.

I know my cadence over the comms was directly influenced by my civilian flight experience - the need to convey and receive as much information as possible in as sort a period as possible. If you try it on a pubbie server, you'll have a squad of players (if your lucky) coming back and going - what? huh? repeat that? or WTF? Here, everyone has grown accustomed to it, because things like SITREP formats are spelled out in the primers.

Make sense?
                    sigpic

Comment

Do to national security I can not devulge any military or law enforment back ground connections at this time. In fact i may need to hunt you down and terminate you just for asking. Sorry.

:)

Comment

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Ferris Bueller again
                        Well...crap.

Going further into what Ferris said, if things seem to adopt a military-esque feel at times its very easy to explain: It works. You can't beat teamwork and tactics that are found in the armed forces and law enforcement arms of a country. I guess it has something to do with...I don't know...getting shot at or something. When you get some of the best who strive for the best by playing like the best then its only natural that you start adopting what works the best.

On a completly different topic. The line "I can neither confirm nor deny anything and further questions may be answered with an order of silence delivered with something sharp, pointy, or goes boom" just sounds better.
                        My sanity is not in question...
                        It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

I'd go as far to say that whilst we have a lot of military games here that we play, I'm sure we'd adopt a similar play style to any type of game - essentially we like try and do what our real life counterparts would do; its about immersion as much as team work.

It also happens that a lot of games released for multiplayer happen to be combat action games, or in the case of mmorpg's, roleplaying and combat (which I don't play and can't really comment on) but i would imagine those people aren't D&D nuts.
                          Jex.

Comment

It's true that TG does have alot of Active and former military, but really its all about reading and such.

I read the Army Field Manuals on sniping and others online. Just do a google search.
                            Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X