I got THIS for my birthday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got THIS for my birthday

This thing is ridiculous. I shot a tree and could not budge the arrow at all, had to break it off to get it out... standard, non-sharpened arrow.

When you shoot it you feel the shockwave from the cable (kinda scary), yet it's surprisingly quiet. My first shot, about 30 yards... no adjustment... dead accurate with the included 3-dot scope.

This thing is more dangerous to me then a lot of small calibre hunting rifles. The spearheads you can put on these arrows these days can rip the guts right out of a target. Most of the time, the arrow goes clean through the target and you aint findin' it, and you sure as hell cant see the bolt with the naked eye while it's in the air. simply awesome!

The amount of engineering in this thing is amazing. You cock it using a geared handcrank system built into the composite frame. It's very quick and easy. The catch actually rides on a chain like a rollercoaster. Then you've got 2 heavy duty safeties built into both the trigger and the bolt-locking mechanism. For all this it's surprisingly light.

Came with the scope (expensive) and fully padded carrying case (super expensive), along with arrows. It's also got weaver rails above AND below for accessories. oooooh man, I can defend my home in medievel style now boy!

seriously, you dont want to be on the receiving end of this thing...

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VyBKJw9gG2k&mode=related&search=[/media]

Re: I got THIS for my birthday

Is that really the fastest in the world? Considering I've played paintball with guns that chronoed at 320fps and that I once chronoed at 360 with my paintgun, that number just doesn't impress me. I guess an arrow is a heck of a lot heavier than a paintball, though, and can certainly travel further and truer!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
      Is that really the fastest in the world? Considering I've played paintball with guns that chronoed at 320fps and that I once chronoed at 360 with my paintgun, that number just doesn't impress me. I guess an arrow is a heck of a lot heavier than a paintball, though, and can certainly travel further and truer!
      Heck yah. The strongest crossbows are more like 340fps. You're lucky to get 320fps out of a good regular bow. My crossbow gets 402fps stock and 155 ft-lbs on the target. Most regular bows are around 80ft-lbs.

Granted, crossbow bolts are a lot smaller than arrows - about half the length. So they dont carry as much mass to the target. Choosing your arrow evidently has a lot to do with it (I'm a hunting newb so I'm not sure).

Anyways, I look at the bolt as the same calibre as a .38 round (for a regular broadhead)... with a lot more weight for a bolt of course. A .38 special shoots at like 600fps. 400fps is gettin mighty close. You put a razor sharp hunting head on this thing and it's death to all who oppose it.

I can shoot my airsoft pellets at 400fps easily. BUT, they're only like .20 grams and about 4 mm wide. LoL

This thing is almost like cheating, but you really only have 1 shot on the target because reloading takes forever. It makes up for it in power and accuracy.

Anyways, I mainly like it because it's really a fine piece of American Engineering (I guess we make weapons well). Honestly though, I think I'd still prefer a regular bow (we all want to be Legolas).

But if you want a one-shot-one-kill super accurate and powerful bow weapon... this thing does the trick.

Comment

FPS = frames per second??? Doesn't make sense. Feathers per shot?

Comment

Feet per second, and if you were joking well... use a smiley next time. :row__593:

I have also chrono'ed a paintball gun at comparable, if not higher fps, however there is a big difference between a .65 caliber ball hitting you compared to, lets say, a razor sharp arrow point.
          Focused

Comment

Suilung, you get the COOLEST toys and do the coolest stuff!

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Wow, that's pretty fast for a crossbow.

What's the maximum range on that thing? 400 yards? 1000 yards?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by caldsteven View Post
                Suilung, you get the COOLEST toys and do the coolest stuff!
                That's why I'm broke all the time. (hey, you only live once)
                Plus, I get bored too easy (i'm almost positive i've got ADD)

Comment

Medieval siege at Ghambit's house!

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                    Wow, that's pretty fast for a crossbow.

What's the maximum range on that thing? 400 yards? 1000 yards?
                    EFFECTIVE range is about 80 yards within a target of about 4-6." Most of the time you're not shooting beyond 50 yards though.

I have no idea the max range... cant see the damned bolt so how could I tell? The only reason you see the bolt in a vid. camera is because it's slowing the visuals to 30 frames per second usually.

I went into Outdoor World (BassPro) today and some archery dude said it was a poachers dream. Evidently all poachers use em, along with the military (the assault version). Obviously 'cause it's quiet. (there are sound dampeners on mine)

There's like this Crossbow-racism goin' on in the archery world. Evidently a lot of states and managed hunting areas dont allow them or restrict them to rifle hunting season. :(

Luckily, Tennessee (where I'll be using it) is redneck enough that I'm looked upon as a "normal" archer. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X