MP3's at Amazon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3's at Amazon

Amazon is now selling MP3's for 89 or 99 cents. They are DRM free and are 256 bits/sec.

The selection isn't wonderful, but isn't bad. When you download them it asks if you want them put into iTunes or Windows Media Player (at least it did for me.)

Overall I am impressed. Impressed enough to start buying music again.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: MP3's at Amazon

OK, I've never used iTunes or WMP to download anything, and so I don't understand the question that you say Amazon asks you. You can't just download the mp3 straight to your HDD?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

yes. I think. If you don't install their fancy installer it will simply download the mp3 to whereever you tell it, like any down load.
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Ok, just verified this. You don't have to use the amazon downloader.

But warning. On my second download like this the downlaod stalled. So no I have to contact amazon to re-download. It is better with the download manager.

After using this for a day or two I think that iTunes is much easier to use. The recomendations are much better. And it has more of the music I like (Soul Coughing, Death Cab for Cutie, Dire Straights).

But if I know what I like I am going Amazon first to see if they have it. One because iTunes/Apple has too much power. Second because it is cheaper and I know if I see an mp3 it is DRM free.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X