The Wives of Gamers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wives of Gamers

I was wondering this earlier, not to encroach anyones business or whatever but what does your wives/husbands (Robo-Wives?) think of your gaming, whether it be religiously non stop or the casual gamer who might want to jump in, but rather not.

My fiance is pretty cool with it, she also plays much strategic games but she only met me because I play a lot of video games. (Come to think of it, who would I be without video games!?) Lately she has been getting more annoyed because she works a lot more than me, and I tend to go to work, get tired, play games, then go to sleep. Im also lucky she is only here 2 days out of the week I guess hehe. Works across state!!!! But like I always tell her,
    "Hey, it keeps me away from the other ladies!"

But to me, there is nothing better than sitting in a room playing Mario Kart 64 (Hell yea) with her unless she wins. I turn into the Hulk!

Hadouken!!! (>*.*)> ==> ==> ==> ^(X.X)^

Re: The Wives of Gamers

My fiance moans if i play games in the day time cause thats a 'waste of a whole day' but if i play in the evening its fine. (good thing since thats the only time i can play with you yanks).

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Just gotta take time out of the day and cuddle with her.

20 - 30 minutes of cuddling and conversation = days and days of uncontested gametime!

Comment

She has her own computer and plays her games when I am gaming. She doesn't like FPS's.
        The Old Guy
        kin3
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not married (yet), but my girlfriend and I live together, and gaming is an issue. She is going to work full time and school part time, where as I only work full time right now. I try not to play anything all absorbing (BF 2142) that I can't easily pause or exit if she needs me, but it definitely cuts into the time I get to play what I like. Fortunately we are able to talk about things, and are working out some compromises.

Comment

My wife isn't crazy about my gaming habits, but in my defense she wants us to spend our time together watching her shows which I have absolutely no interest in at all. Just watching a few minutes of the crap drives me insane (shows like Gilmore Girls, The OC, etc). As a compromise, I cut back my time playing to a few scheduled nights a week and on the "off nights" we watch Netflix movies or TV shows that we both agree on (like Heroes). Now I just have to cope with her taste in movies (i find her movies to be severely lacking in blood and gore).

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

My wife lets me play pretty much as much as I want. She accepts it as my "alone-time"
              I also get: Game nite, beta time, and new release/patch weekends.
              We are very active outside of the house and I think that is key. We get enough quality time together that the games are not seen as a problem....most of the time.

Sarcoma
              Sarcoma.

Comment

Yup, that's the key. Just spend quality time with her and make sure she doesn't think you're ignoring her. Gotta sacrifice that Saturday afternoon sometimes. :)

Comment

So I went on vacation two weeks ago, and met this chick who... and I quote... "When I got Halo 3 I was the happiest girl in the world!" She works tier 2 support for EDS on Sprint wireless devices.

The other day I was playing Tabula Rasa beta and she called. I said, "I'd love to talk, but right now I'm leading a group through an instance and we're being swarmed with mobs." She answered, "Kick their asses and call me when you're done."

She's mine. All mine I say.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                    So I went on vacation two weeks ago, and met this chick who... and I quote... "When I got Halo 3 I was the happiest girl in the world!" She works tier 2 support for EDS on Sprint wireless devices.

The other day I was playing Tabula Rasa beta and she called. I said, "I'd love to talk, but right now I'm leading a group through an instance and we're being swarmed with mobs." She answered, "Kick their asses and call me when you're done."

Well done! Chicks like that are so rare. The girl I'm dating is big time into games as well. That definitely bodes well for the relationship. My ex-wife hated my CS:S and BF2 evenings. Where as this new girl is razzing me for not beating several different RPG's already. Yup. Leaving my ex was the best decision I've ever made. Hehe.
                    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post

OH MAN. Someone is is LURVE!

Damonte and gamer chick, sittin' in a tree, eF aR Ay Gee Gee I eN Gee!

Comment

My wife is pretty understanding, but Gillespie is right, you gotta give them enough attention or they feel ignored. And with kids in the mix it's even harder, because all of that family time doesn't necessarily cut it. It's once the kids go to bed that the attention must be given. Therefore I sacrifice some nights during the week and watch her shows in order to free up at least one weekend night for gaming.

Now if I could just get her trained as well as Sarcoma's wife. Game nite, beta time, and new release/patch weekends.... lol

She'll play games if she finds one she likes. She was a Bust-a-Move addict for a while, but the latest for Wii is a dud. I've got to get the X360 online and find her something there. Then I can parlay that into a mobo/CPU/GPU upgrade for me....
                        |TG|Melee
                        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus Gloop View Post
                          OH MAN. Someone is is LURVE!

Damonte and gamer chick, sittin' in a tree, eF aR Ay Gee Gee I eN Gee!
                          He must be, he reffered to himself in first person.
                          Last edited by pedestrian01; 10-10-2007, 01:59 PM.

| |

Comment

See this is where I get lucky but then sometimes not, she works in New York and typically she is gone from Monday until Friday evening, during the week we usually play a few games with each other, D2, Civ IV, MTW2, and if I'm lucky some good Street Fighter Alpha 3!!! But when she's gets back shes gone so long quality time is more like a Steven Segal movie with out martial arts/explosions.

Probably the worst thing that happened was I forgot she got a earlier flight and yup I didn't pick her up at the airport and when she called me I said I was playing BF.... Why I didn't lie!?

Hadouken!!! (>*.*)> ==> ==> ==> ^(X.X)^

Comment

Just give your wife some dirty laundry. Chicks dig doing housework.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X