Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA will own Bioware and Pandemic: More Drama

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/200...million-2.html

Jesus... almost $1Billion for this company. Grats to Bioware, but this whole thing makes my saliva taste like rusty nails.

Note: check out the smooth move by the CEO investing in the company after he left EA.. then coming back to EA and investing THEIR money in the company. Sharky bastard.

Re: EA will own Bioware and Pandemic: More Drama

Yuck..

Comment

Jeez man, wtf. EA owns so much of the gaming industry and they've had such a terrible track record, this really bites.

Since they're only gonna be publishing still, should be ok, I hope. Makes me kinda wary with Starcraft 2 coming out, what's gonna happen with the whole "Battlenet" thing? Will Bioware's crew still run all that, or will it fall to EA's staff? Reason I ask is because EA's not been too great at running server side info (look at the huge outage for the BF2 stats, or terrible job of pushing a patch for 2142). Guess I'm ranting because I've only had negative experience with EA, but I know they've done some good for gaming.

Eh, I dunno, in the end, not too happy about this...

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
        Jeez man, wtf. EA owns so much of the gaming industry and they've had such a terrible track record, this really bites.

Since they're only gonna be publishing still, should be ok, I hope. Makes me kinda wary with Starcraft 2 coming out, what's gonna happen with the whole "Battlenet" thing? Will Bioware's crew still run all that, or will it fall to EA's staff?
        Thankfully, Starcraft is Blizzard's title, and with the success of WoW, I don't think Blizz is going to sell out to EA anytime soon...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yea, not too sure where you got the idea that Battle.net is in EA's hands. I'm definitely tired of seeing EA gobble up companies, that's for sure.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Meh, it's not like it will have huge impact. The only thing that this changes is that ideas for new games will have to be approved by EA and deadlines will be made by EA.

Comment

On a happier note, Microsoft is spinning off Bungie. YEA!
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Deadlines is EA's biggest problem. They want that dollar, and they push the employee's away to quitting. Then they hire anyone that can shake a stick to develop.

Nah, I think once a dev quits, they give the job to their quality assurance team...yeah..thats it.

Comment

Maybe its just me, but it seems like every game published by EA has horrible support when it comes to fixing bugs.

Comment

Hahaha, damn I wasn't thinking at all! Retract my worries about SC2, but keep all others intact...

Comment

"Challenge Everything." more like Buy up Everything.

Comment

Back in early 2006 there was alot of controversy over EA buying shares in Ubisoft. Ubisoft is back on its feet, but for a while...it almost wen to EA completely.
                        Skud

Comment

Actually Blizzard is a subgroup of Vivendi games. If Vivendi goes under then someone could scoop up Blizzard as a side prize unless they spin off into their own company as well (quite possible with their line up and track record). Its part of their stock and company information, but isn't mentioned publicly much because Blizzard is such a well known name.

I think the most notable news I've heard about Vivendi are those commercials on G4TV about being a game designer and going to their training courses. The 'games' published under their name are also kinda 'meh' since they are made by the 4 major subgroups under them. Blizzard is, obviously, doing well, however games from Sierra, Sierra Online, and Vivendi Mobile haven't been much of a hit on the main stream lately. If 3 of the 4 branches go down then regardless of Blizzard's success then they can all go down and be gobbled up by EA.
                          My sanity is not in question...
                          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X