Verizon = Good or Bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon = Good or Bad?

Ok, i had a couple months to look it over, which i think i did poorly on, of choosing a cell phone company to go with. I had looked up phone and stuff on Verizon, and i liked the Motorola KRZR, and Vcast. But thats just it, we got the verizon, and a deal that if i got the KRZR (which i DID) we (family) got 3 free samsung phones with it, cool. well, after 3 days of using them, my mom and sis (who got the samsung's) said they hear their echo in the background when they are talking. And they kinda dont care for their phones much either (care is in like). So, what im basically asking is: Is Verizon Wireless a good company to go with? Is the phone service any good?

It's too late to cancel now, we have to wait 2 yrs till we can cancel the plan. My mom thinks we got screwed by going into this plan because we are paying same amount we were per month for the sprint one, and we dont get free minutes till 9 instead of 7 with sprint, she thinks we rushed into this because of me just wanting the KRZR. Can anyone help me try and find a bright side to my problem here? or was i just to into the phone i wanted and got screwed because of it?

edit: how does it compare to say Sprint or Cellular or AT&T? I want to know all this so i dont make the same mistake again.
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Verizon = Good or Bad?

For general cell phone use, I love Verizon, the company. You are having a problem with their phones. They don't have the best line-up of phones, and I personally would never buy Samsung phone. Nokia and Motorola first, then some LG's.

For Indiana, I'd heartily recommend US Cellular.

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
      I personally would never buy Samsung phone. Nokia and Motorola first, then some LG's.

For Indiana, I'd heartily recommend US Cellular.
      Ok, thanks. Ill have to make sure i remember that for next time, also, unless i have to check with the store, will my mom and sis be able to switch phones to something else? or will they have to buy all new phones since the samsungs were free?
      "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I really like Verizon. They have great service in Arizona. Like Bordeaux, I'm not a fan of Samsung phones. I'm actually pretty partial to the LG models.
        sigpic

Comment

I had verizon, Hated them they where overpriced and charged for things i get at Cingular/ATT for free. now i have an Iphone+ATT and its amazingly good service.

I <3 Iphone

Comment

Verizon is awful here. Calls just drop out of no where sometimes, and then it does not give me the call dropped notification, so I'll find myself still talking for a few seconds before I realize it. I've got a samsung phone too. Anyone know that update code for Verizon btw?

Comment

*228, make sure you are in your home area.

Verizon has the best service, hands down. My feelings, and the results of most polls\surveys.

Comment

When I had a cell phone, I really despised Verizon's service. It's the worst money can buy in New England and New York, north of I-90 and out to Syracuse anyways. The service is awful; I can't say it was worth the free phone, which was actually kind of nice (LG). The only time it was worth anything was when I traveled to Jackson, MS, where the service was great.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I've got Verizon and have a motorola krzr. Both are "okay". I like the lightweight phone, but I hear an echo of myself sometimes when I'm talking as was mentioned earlier. Quite annoying.
                  [squadl]
                  "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
                    Ok, i had a couple months to look it over, which i think i did poorly on, of choosing a cell phone company to go with. I had looked up phone and stuff on Verizon, and i liked the Motorola KRZR, and Vcast. But thats just it, we got the verizon, and a deal that if i got the KRZR (which i DID) we (family) got 3 free samsung phones with it, cool. well, after 3 days of using them, my mom and sis (who got the samsung's) said they hear their echo in the background when they are talking. And they kinda dont care for their phones much either (care is in like). So, what im basically asking is: Is Verizon Wireless a good company to go with? Is the phone service any good?

It's too late to cancel now, we have to wait 2 yrs till we can cancel the plan. My mom thinks we got screwed by going into this plan because we are paying same amount we were per month for the sprint one, and we dont get free minutes till 9 instead of 7 with sprint, she thinks we rushed into this because of me just wanting the KRZR. Can anyone help me try and find a bright side to my problem here? or was i just to into the phone i wanted and got screwed because of it?

edit: how does it compare to say Sprint or Cellular or AT&T? I want to know all this so i dont make the same mistake again.
                    I have Verizon now for my cell service and I absolutely love them. In recent years I have used NEXTEL, Sprint, AT&T and Cingular and hated them all. NEXTEL was probably the worst of the bunch in terms of dropped calls and poor signal.

I really dislike Verizon as a company, but I've just not been able to beat their service quality. I also have the Verizon EVDO Wireless Broadband card for my laptop and that thing works great.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                      When I had a cell phone, I really despised Verizon's service. It's the worst money can buy in New England and New York, north of I-90 and out to Syracuse anyways. The service is awful; I can't say it was worth the free phone, which was actually kind of nice (LG). The only time it was worth anything was when I traveled to Jackson, MS, where the service was great.
                      I'm in that area fairly often and NEVER have a service issue. I honestly can't remember the last place I've been where I didn't have completely functional and clear cell service. How long ago was this?

I've heard people rave about AT&T lately, but back when I used them they were absolutely HORRID. I had between 5-6 (depended on the time of the year, 6 in the winter) dead areas on my way home from work where calls would always be dropped.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

The only success I have had is with AT&T in the new england area. Not too mention that they gave me a free Blackjack when I signed up..... I guess it is hit or miss depending where you live.
                        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

I just switched over from AT&T to Verizon less than a month ago. I only really had three minor reason's to switch. First was phone selection. Second and probably more important in the long run was the ease to switch my service on and off when going on deployment. From what I have heard from friends who have already deployed, Verizon makes it a lot easier to discontinue/suspend service while out to sea. The third is that most of my friends and the rest of my family are on verizon so I get the free minutes that way too.

As far as AT&T/cingular's service itself, I have zero complaints. I never once experienced a dropped call or a lack of service during my two years with them. I never had to deal with customer service so I can't comment on that. I guess my reasoning to switch carriers would fall under the "It's not you, it's me" category.

Comment

*DISCLAIMER: I work for Verizon, but haven't always.*

Verizon's network quality has been hard to beat. AT&T/Cingular's coverage is immense (it was before their merger, even), but even though I've gotten reception in far corners of PA with them, the connection was always barely there. With Verizon, unless I've locked myself in a concrete box, I've generally got three or more bars on my cell phone.

Verizon's practice with phones and locking out everything useful in order to nickel and dime you annoys the living crap out of me, but they're getting a little bit better about it. For example, my LG9900 (enV) actually has support for Bluetooth OBEX (instead of needing to hack that support back into your phone).

They REALLY need to add an unlimited messaging plan. REALLY.

VZW's decent. They're getting better.
                            [volun2]
                            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                              They REALLY need to add an unlimited messaging plan.
                              This was one of the items that sealed the deal for AT&T. Really it is all about preference, phone selections, plans, etc. Because of my employer, at&t really stepped up and gave me a great deal. No other carrier could touch it. I was a verizon customer for many years, but because of my job and the location of where I work (ie..stuffed in a concrete box) my service was not that great. When I do travel, I miss the verizon reception though....
                              "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X