Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast vs At&t!

Hey,

I live in Cali. and currrently use Comcast cable internet for my CSS needs. I currently Bought a laptop and am thinking of switching to At&t elite Dsl which is supposed to offer 6mbps which is comparable to comcast plus i get free wifi for my laptop. I was wondering what you guys out there use to play CSS or any other game online. If you have At&t is it laggy? Or is it comparable to Cable? Also what do you guys who play on laptops use for your internet when your on the road? THX

Re: Comcast vs At&t!

if you get a broadband connection you should be fine

it's all going to end up on the same fiber anyway, just depends on who owns the pieces of pipe between you, your ISP, the server's ISP, and the server.

Comment

Comcast is actually introducing anti-file sharing software into their networks which is causing a few rumbles.

Related C-Net news article

Not to say you should immediately switch from Comcast of course. However you should be informed of what your provider is doing to better your service. File sharing programs, while having a bad reputation, are also used for legitimate reasons and the loss of such service may hinder access to things like game demos or patches that use a torrent base.

I wonder if they'd ever find a way to do the same kind of choking to games since its becoming quite popular to play multiplayer games online with DSL or higher connections.
      My sanity is not in question...
      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
        I wonder if they'd ever find a way to do the same kind of choking to games since its becoming quite popular to play multiplayer games online with DSL or higher connections.
        I doubt they will do it with games as the overhead for game traffic is relatively small unless you're running a server.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

actually to tell you the truch for some reason when i play cs ill lose my connection for some reason. but only on cs my web browser is never effected.

but besides that i am mainly wondering if att or high speed dsl (6mbps)is just as good as comcast? anyone using dsl have lag problems?

Comment

How about Claw Hammer Vs Comcast?
            I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

I had comcast now I have att.Could not see a difference in speed(both were 6mbps) or lag.Only reason i switched was because att offer a 200 dollars coupon too switch from cable

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X