• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Redsox:

A good team, or the best team ever?
    sigpic

Re: The Redsox:

A great team and very fun to watch. Hats off to the Indians, I think if they had a bit more post season vets on their team they may have pulled it out.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

11-2 baby yeah!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

wrong forum :D

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...-ole-days.html

Comment

I didn't think last night's game was worth a riot, but a few hundred people on campus thought otherwise.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

lol, anything is worth a riot when the red sox are in the world series.

All the kids that missed out on the last one want another, and all the kids that were at the last one, want to make this years bigger.

on a side note, the name "boston" as a childs name appeared on the national top 1000 names registry for the first time in 2004.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I said it before, I'll say it again, I love this town!

I'd die to make it to a game, I haven't been to Fenway in like 5 years, ticket prices are too high/hard to get tickets usually. This is going to be a very fun series to watch, can't wait!

Comment

I've been a Red Sox fan since I could pick up a baseball. Went to ALCS games 1 and 2, I think I can get tickets for one of the series games. Then again, after attending those games, I was actually looking forward to watching some HD on the couch!

Lowell or Youklis for MVP!

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                  I've been a Red Sox fan since I could pick up a baseball. Went to ALCS games 1 and 2, I think I can get tickets for one of the series games. Then again, after attending those games, I was actually looking forward to watching some HD on the couch!

Lowell or Youklis for MVP!
                  What sucks is that Francona has to sit one of those guys in Colorado in order to get Ortiz At-Bats!

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                    I didn't think last night's game was worth a riot, but a few hundred people on campus thought otherwise.

Jackasses our local pro team won a game so now we can go out and burn and break crap. dumbasses

Comment

you don't understand... it was wickid awesome!!!!

Comment

I almost had an aneurism during game 7 when lugo dropped that ball.

GO sox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Born and bred in New York this may sound odd, but I was thrilled to see Boston make the WS again. I was laughing at my brother (a Cleveland fan) while he screamed bloody murder, but he was happy enough to see the Indians eliminate the Yankees.

This World Series is going to be messy and short-lived. There's no chance that Colorado can stand up to a *real* team (regular-season interleague play notwithstanding).
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Yeah, I can kinda see this being like '04. Cardinals had no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                              This World Series is going to be messy and short-lived. There's no chance that Colorado can stand up to a *real* team (regular-season interleague play notwithstanding).
                              I don't know about that. When the series heads to Colorado the Red Sox are going to have to choose between losing a bat or a glove. I personally don't think Ortiz is that bad at first base but it does mean that Youkilis will have to sit. They could move to LF/RF or 3rd but then you are taking another solid bat out of the lineup and still losing fielding. Since Coors field plays pretty symmetrical, you can't hide anyone in the outfield. What might work is putting Youkilis at 3rd, Lowell at 2nd and moving Pedroia to SS. Certainly downgrading around the infield with everyone playing out of position but all three of them have had sometime at these positions (Youkilis 90 games at 3rd in 2005 and 2006, Lowell 9 games at 2nd in 2005, Pedroia 5 games at SS in 2006). Youkilis could move to 2nd (2 games played) leaving Lowell at 3rd and at least giving the Sox an anchored spot on the infield.

This series can easily go the full 7. It is definitely going to be exciting to see how it all unfolds starting tonight.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X