Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are the good ole days...

... for Boston sports fans.

Today was a good day.... Pat's were up 42-7 at half time, and after 6 gut-wrenching innings, the Sox blow it open in the 7th inning of game 7 to punch their ticket to the world series....

\o/

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw[/media]

Re: These are the good ole days...

I have to admit that growing up in Massachusetts but not rooting for the Patriots is making me feel a bit jealous and left out. When I was in 3rd grade I picked up watching football and the team I happened to watch first was the Philadelphia Eagles (My Dad is from England so the tradition rooting for Boston teams wasn't really there and since he wasn't really into football I was pretty much left to myself to figure it). I immediately fell in love with the punishing defense lead by Reggie White, the way Randall ran with the ball, and as any 3rd grader makes a decision; the look of their uniforms, kelly-green and silver (which I still think they should be wearing). Unfortunately, I never looked into the history of the team before I chose to follow them for the rest of my life. If I had known the heartache that came with rooting for the Eagles I don't think I would've picked them, especially since I was already rooting for a team that had a history of somehow pulling out the hearts of its fanbase, the Boston Red Sox (until 2004 of course). So unfortunately, while the Patriots play near flawless football once again, I have to endure another gut-wrenching loss by the Eagles.

As for the Red Sox, I didn't leave my seat nor change the position I was sitting in until the 9th inning (minus the celebration of key outs, hits and runs). I even dared to skip my superstitious jog over to a friend's apartment to watch the second half of the game, what I did for games 1, 5 and 6 (all wins), because this was working...barely. While lacking the drama of the 2004 ALCS, these games definitely had all the tension, especially game 7. Hell, I still haven't gone to bed and its now 7 in the morning here.

Wednesday cant get here soon enough.

Comment

I love this town!

Can't wait to bring it to the Rockies, we've been doing great these last 3 games, only a few things we need to be careful of, and I'm pretty sure we'll go in strong.

Comment

What a great day...Pats win big and then the Sox win game seven. I was glued to the lazy boy watching the Sox thinking "wow this is a stressful game!" They pulled it out and now the Rockies are coming. I never laughed so hard at anyone when Paplebon and Youkilis were dancing again.... bunch of knuckleheads :icon26:
        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

I had a great day as well. Listened to the pats game on the radio while playing WoW with my wife. Then had roasted chicken with gravy, mashed potatoes etc dinner with apple pie (apples were picked by us from a local orchard) then watched the sox game with my wife and kids.

I live for days like that. good good times.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Rootin' since Jim Rice was hittin' 'em outta th' pahk.

sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

The only thing about the good old days is that they are the old days.

Yea for now.
              The Old Guy
              kin3
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Eeevil View Post
                Rootin' since Jim Rice was hittin' 'em outta th' pahk.

Don't forget the rest of the greatest outfield of all time: Dewey and Fred Lynn!
                LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X