BOOO on hosed OS's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOO on hosed OS's

Well I hosed my gaming box about 15 min ago.
    I ermm was doing a regedit and ummm got carryed away and errrr now have a completely trashed OS :D
    Non booting too :)
    Lots of free time tomorrow to clean install xp pro while doing the kids laundry.
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: BOOO on hosed OS's

Originally posted by sgt fetterman View Post
    Well I hosed my gaming box about 15 min ago.
    I ermm was doing a regedit and ummm got carryed away and errrr now have a completely trashed OS :D
    Non booting too :)
    Lots of free time tomorrow to clean install xp pro while doing the kids laundry.

been there done that. One program to look at would be abexo registry cleaner, you acn clean the reg with it and Back up a healthy one, so if you do this again you can just load it. That is if you can boot.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Your best option is to avoid screwing with the registry until you know what you're doing.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

geeze man I wouldn't say that he didn't know what he was doing. He said he just got a little carried away with it. Maybe he just made a simple mistake, it even happens to the best.

Comment

ednos: yes I do know what I was doing, I was doing some reg tweaks and I know where I went wrong in writing some new keys, it just so happens that those keys I was wrote, I goofed on one and that prevented me from booting this time. it is really no big deal, happens sometimes.
          Lifes a risk, and so is computing, computing would be so boring without the risks.
          Besides, ya never will know if that new tweak/new key(s) will work unless ya try it.
          trooper, yea, thats a nice app. I have it :)
          {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X